Inventour

ProVisual DVR-16214-AQH-1 vs. IC Realtime DVR16D30 DVR

ProVisual DVR-16214-AQH-1 vs. IC Realtime DVR16D30 DVR

The ProVisual looks like a great machine, anyone here use them at all?

I really need the best possible machine.

I have a Mac Computer and Windows, I like the Mac more.

The IC Realtime has Mac Software now.

Thanks, AL

Hello, what would be "best machine" functions or abilities for your job.

The Provision looks beneficial if you have purchased or will purchase 1 or 2 1080p cameras to record highest res. On those 2 channels. The max HD is pretty low on it though only 6TB internal.

The ICRealtime 16D30 is not a hybrid though so keep that in mind when comparing. ICRealtime does however carry a 20ch hybrid DVR that does 16 analog and 4 IP or MegaPixel cam's.

Back to comparing .. The 16D30 can store 16TB without a burner or 12TB with a burner. I would opt for without side you can backup to flash drive anyway and then get more HD's.

Pentaplex on both, 16ch audio in on both, BNC,VGA,HDMI on both, Both have 1920x1080 output.

What are some of the key points on the machine you will utilize. I've never dealt with pro vision DVR's but I have used ICRealtime equipment, they are top notch and so is their support. ( yes from time to time techs need support too)

I would try to log into a demo of each DVR see which one you like and controls best for you. I know ICrealtime has a few demos you can log into, check them out and get back to us.

Enjoy

ProVisual DVR-16214-AQH-1 is a Hybrid unit that supports up to two HD-SDI cameras NOT IP cameras. Keep in mind chances are you will be limited to ProVisuals HD-SDI cameras.

I am not a fan of ICrealtime ever since I was at a demo where the salesman was telling everyone that their D1 camera's where HD quality. The guy had no clue what he was talking about.

If your looking for a Hybrid solution I would look at Exacq Hybrid NVRs. You can use analog and IP MP cameras on the same box.

https://www.exacq.com/products/exacqvision_start.html

ProVisual DVR-16214-AQH-1 is a Hybrid unit that supports up to two HD-SDI cameras NOT IP cameras. Keep in mind chances are you will be limited to ProVisuals HD-SDI cameras.

I am not a fan of ICrealtime ever since I was at a demo where the salesman was telling everyone that their D1 camera's where HD quality. The guy had no clue what he was talking about.

If your looking for a Hybrid solution I would look at Exacq Hybrid NVRs. You can use analog and IP MP cameras on the same box.

https://www.exacq.com/products/exacqvision_start.html

You not being a fan of ICREALTIME because a sales man not correctly spec'ing a camera or saying a camera was HD quality is kind of stupid. IMO. Sales guys much like installers don't know half the crap they are selling/installing, and that's a fact.

So back to the guys question which of the 2 units is best.

OP can you give some more response to what you're trying to get from your system? I have posted some similarities and like wire guys stated you will have to use their HD SDI cams so keep that in mind.

You not being a fan of ICREALTIME because a sales man not correctly spec'ing a camera or saying a camera was HD quality is kind of stupid. IMO. Sales guys much like installers don't know half the crap they are selling/installing, and that's a fact.

I have a problem with a company that doesn't train its salesman and techs properly. This guy was telling a room full of people false information that are intern going to tell customers this information.

Thanks for all the kind words,

I appreciate everyone's response.

I am looking for the best 16 Cam System for my personal home.

I am a Home Automation Contractor and always sub the CCTV work.

Here is a layout of my home. I put some can locations and asked

for help in another thread.

I have both Mac Pro and PC Computers at home. In use the Mac system the most as it's powerful 4 TB and 16GB RAM.

I would like to be able to watch the system on my 65" Plasma in my bedroom, it's a Panasonc w/VieraLink. I use the cable co. for broadband.\

I would like to put the DVR in the bedroom, I want to have the best cameras for both inside and outside as I have a housekeeper that lifts things, they all do.

Can you recommend what would be the best system possible and some great indoor covert cams as well as regular cams. I would like to have some dummy cams so they do where there is no cam to see what they take.

Maybe 5-6 cams outside and the rest inside.

I really need to start wiring this system. Can someone direct me to the best wire to use in my system?

Thanks, AL

Can someone tell me what the best DVR is for the 16 cam, 8-16TB storage and the best bang for the buck. It needs to be the best.

Here he goes again pushing exacq You already said this buddy. He's still asking about the 2 DVRs.

ICRealtime has a Hybrid DVR that can store 16TB max (8 2TB HD's). You can also add in 4 MP or IP cams plus the 16 CHs of analog cams. So total of 20 cams.

Here he goes again pushing exacq You already said this buddy. He's still asking about the 2 DVRs.

ICRealtime has a Hybrid DVR that can store 16TB max (8 2TB HD's). You can also add in 4 MP or IP cams plus the 16 CHs of analog cams. So total of 20 cams.

Wow man didn't mean to offend you or your analog DVRs.

the problem with icrealtime i.e dahua. hybrid is it only supports 1 make of ip at the moment.

Can someone tell me what the best DVR is for the 16 cam, 8-16TB storage and the best bang for the buck. It needs to be the best.

what is your budget

Thanks for the notes,

I really don't have a budget,

I would think I could get a good DVR for 2-4 high end,

I have an acct w/IC Realtime already so I get a good price there.

I just want good enough video so I can see detail, like Vegas.

I would like to have the full 16TB setup in the raid system,

in case I need to look up something from days ago in the footage.

the problem with icrealtime i.e dahua. hybrid is it only supports 1 make of ip at the moment.

Aren't most if not all brands only supporting their own equip..

Aren't most if not all brands only supporting their own equip..

no not the case at all. icrealtime. cant support the likes of sanyo / axis / CNB ip cameras

no not the case at all. icrealtime. cant support the likes of sanyo / axis / CNB ip cameras

I understand this but are you saying sanyo can support icrealtime,CNB, or anything other than Sanyo? Im leaving Axis out of this one cause they are a decoding giant.

I understand this but are you saying sanyo can support icrealtime

you said icrealtime has a hybrid. its the other way round its not the camera supporting the dvr/nvr its if the dvr/nvr can use say a sanyo or axis. to which ic cant at the moment.

I'm wording it wrong I guess, I know the DVR/NVR is supporting the input... how about we help this guy out.

I'm just commenting on equipment I know and I know ICRealtime has a nice product and does everything and more that this man is looking for.

I'm wording it wrong I guess, I know the DVR/NVR is supporting the input... how about we help this guy out.

I'm just commenting on equipment I know and I know ICRealtime has a nice product and does everything and more that this man is looking for.

people are trying to help. and good information has been given. in all products listed. but out of all listed avers and the exacq are good. ic is a little lower in FPS and res if needing HIgher FPS. and the other problem IC will only run 1 type of ip. unlike avers and exacq. which have 100s.

Exacq ip list http://www.exacq.com/support/ipcams.php

avermedia ip list http://www.aver.com/surveillance/download/NV-NX-NXU-SA-XR-IWH-IP-Camera-Support-List.pdf

Yes WireGuy I do. Do you have something to say

No I don't but it sounds like you do. Your post below makes no sense and is very confusing for the OP. Please be professional and talk about equipment that you know about.

I understand this but are you saying sanyo can support icrealtime,CNB, or anything other than Sanyo? Im leaving Axis out of this one cause they are a decoding giant.

If you need MAC support, then go with the IC model, or similar.

Its a Dahua DVR, sold under lots of different brand names.

As to the other off topic posts here, if he wants to use IP cameras then I dont suggest using a Dahua. From the OP's posts though, he just needs a DVR.