flyeye

hikvision avc codec download?

Hi,

Newbie here

I have a hikvision 4008 hci which i'm using with 4 cameras. The videos look fine, however, I cannot play them anywhere - no other program I've tried can open them - except for Elecard, which costs about $2500.

What I actually need to do is to extract ALL frames from the videos as jpeg or png. This means for example opening the video in Virtualdub and extracting the image sequence.

Please, can anyone point me to the files needed to open these hikvision avc h.264 video files in 3rd-party video players? I've been pulling my hair out for months (yes really) over this.

Or, instead of using the Hikvision capture software, would it be better to use CyeWeb (never tried it but it seems to be compatible) which apparently saves files to a more compatible format?

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help!

Bob

You can open the files from Hikvision File Player, and from there export to any commonf video formats.

http://www.hikvisionusa.com/downloads.html

Search for "Hikvision File Player V6.004 (5.13.10)"

About exporting from video file to JPGs/PNGs, no clue, but once you have a video file you can open easily (Windows Media Player, VLC, Adobe Premiere, etc) I am sure you will be able to find any other tools you want for working on those video files.

Hi,

Thanks for replies. But I don't want to convert the video, as this is very expensive (computationally) and loses quality at the same time.

I want to either extract ALL frames from the original video file, or directly write image files instead of a video file when capturing.

Are either of these things possible?

I doubt that there is an easy workaround to get PNG or JPEG. Hikvision cards do hardware encoded H.264. You will not get them to give you anything else. If you want mjpeg, you have to look for a new card + Software.

Hi

I use a hikvision card with Skyvision software and I'm able to play the files using Windows Media player.

You need to install the Windows Media player Filter, hikvision have it listed on their download page, V4.9.8.

Only have it working in Windows XP, not much luck as yet with Win 7.

Hi

I use a hikvision card with Skyvision software and I'm able to play the files using Windows Media player.

You need to install the Windows Media player Filter, hikvision have it listed on their download page, V4.9.8.

Great to know! There is v6.0.0.1 on Hikvision web site:

"DSFilters player plug-in is a COM component developed based on Microsoft® DirectShow® technology, and it can be used to extract, analyze and decode digital video/audio signals from Hikvision devices. Users can playback Hikvision format media files and streams via standard players such as Windows Media Player."

http://www.hikvision.com/En/download_more.asp?id=38

Hi

Great to know! There is v6.0.0.1 on Hikvision web site:

"DSFilters player plug-in is a COM component developed based on Microsoft® DirectShow® technology, and it can be used to extract, analyze and decode digital video/audio signals from Hikvision devices. Users can playback Hikvision format media files and streams via standard players such as Windows Media Player."

http://www.hikvision.com/En/download_more.asp?id=38

Thanks for the link, Media Player now works in Win 7 64

I doubt that there is an easy workaround to get PNG or JPEG. Hikvision cards do hardware encoded H.264. You will not get them to give you anything else. If you want mjpeg, you have to look for a new card + Software.

Can you recommend a card that does mjpeg capture, with maximum quality?

Would the quality from an mjpeg hardware compression card be better or worse than a H.264 hardware compression card?

thanks,

Flyeye

If you want actual JPEGs in the end, I am not even sure if MJPEG is the right thing to look for. It is a video codec and it would still require some kind of conversion to get image files.

MJPEG generally has higher quality than H.264, but consumes much more storage.

Geovision can record some kind of MJPEG or even JPEG, but I never used it.

If you want actual JPEGs in the end, I am not even sure if MJPEG is the right thing to look for. It is a video codec and it would still require some kind of conversion to get image files.

MJPEG generally has higher quality than H.264, but consumes much more storage.

Geovision can record some kind of MJPEG or even JPEG, but I never used it.

Geovisions use a propriety codec. Probaby not the solution if you want to share your videos easily.

Geovisions use a propriety codec. Probaby not the solution if you want to share your videos easily.

What he actually wants are image files like .jpg or .png.

I don't know any capture card that will do that, but it might exist.

What he actually wants are image files like .jpg or .png.

I don't know any capture card that will do that, but it might exist.

Hi,

So if I want truly maximum quality from individual frames, as I understand it, it's best if I get an MJPEG card, not an H.264 card?

Hardware compression is better than software compression, yes?

Is there a card with an SDK and Linux capability, with hardware MJPEG capture?

thank you!

Flyeye

Hardware compression is is only better, because the card does the work of encoding the video. Software encoding means that your CPU is doing the encoding. You cannot say that one has superior picture quality over the other. This depends on the quality of the card and the Software.

Software encoding has the advantage that you can choose the codec that you want to use. Only the Software limits what you are able to do with the stream from the card. Therefore you might have a look at Software compression cards (never named as such, but Hardware encoding is ALWAYS advertised). You have to find a Software that will let you choose what codec to use and then check what card is compatible to that software.

Luxriot is a software I would have a look at if I was you. I think they support Comart cards and at least the old comart cards had all Software encoding.

What codec is required to import AVI files into Windows Movie Maker and where can I download said codec? Every time I try to import my AVI files to make a music video it says that the required codec is not installed on my computer. I set my computer to download them automatically and the error message still pops up. Can anyone help me?

keyword research ~ keyword tool ~ keyword tracking ~ affiliate elite