6eJon

HIKVision PC Based DVR setup questions - buying this week

Hello everyone. Brand new to these forums and surveillance but I hope to learn much and become a helpful contributor along the way.

I was hoping someone in the know could help me with a couple of questions regarding the HIKVision 4008HCI and 4016HCI DVR Cards.

For starters, I have been looking around the forum and a lot of the posts regarding these cards seem to be a couple of years old . . nonetheless, the state I live in is requiring my buddy to setup a DVR in his business and these cards are on the list of approved models. So basically, I wonder whether or not this card is still good enough for use today?

I also am somewhat unsure of where to purchase the cards. I saw the warning about counterfeit cards here on this forum just a couple of minutes ago. What do you guys think about purchasing either of these two cards on ebay?

card 1:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hikvision-DS-4016HCI-16-Channel-DVR-Card-NEW-JN6C6-/170625131246?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27ba0ce2ee#ht_5539wt_881

card 2:

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Hikvision-DS-4016HCI-16-Channel-DVR-Card-JN6C6-/180646469110?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a0f5e5df6#ht_7430wt_874

(sorry, I am not sure how to post links on here)

If you do not think I should purchase these cards from ebay where would you suggest is a reliable online reseller for this type of equipment?

---------------------------------------------

Now that those questions are out of the way, I have a question regarding graphics cards. Is it not possible to use a more modern (and more available) graphics cards along with these DVR cards? The approved list on HIKVision.com is rather short with some AGP models.

Finally, is the software that comes with this card all you really need to view & record the video from the cameras? Is it good software? I need to be able to pull clear stills from the camera as well as export video to a common video format. I also need to be able to monitor the cameras remotely and be able to be alerted if the cameras are disconnected.

Thank you very much for any advice. For what its worth, I am not trying to make any money off of this, just trying to help a friend who will go out of business if he can't meet certain security requirements.

EBAY. that the problem there. to be honest i think your the seller. you cant tell us you did not notice $100 differance on each card / same seller but different name but same paypal account. sorry if you are a ebay user and you did not pick up on the simple security check.

buy from a cctv company you get support ...... leave the crap on ebay

I do not frequent ebay, I did notice those were the same seller/product page with different prices after the fact. Who is a reliable reseller for this type of equipment?

“same seller but different name but same paypal account”

TomCCTV, how can you tell it is the same paypal account.

“same seller but different name but same paypal account”

TomCCTV, how can you tell it is the same paypal account.

do you not use paypal checker. i dont use ebay at all. but i do use paypal to pay my bills over in america

Second seller has much higher rating and very good positive feedback. Go with them, but make an offer. His lot allows it.

Start from 250 USD and I think you can buy the card at 320-340 USD.

do you not use paypal checker. i dont use ebay at all. but i do use paypal to pay my bills over in america

Tom,

Could you recommend PayPal checker for Ebay?

I am old and frequent buyer on eBay and have never heard about such checkers. Therefore, I cannot discern two different buyers with the same PayPal account.

Tom,

Could you recommend PayPal checker for Ebay?

I am old and frequent buyer on eBay and have never heard about such checkers. Therefore, I cannot discern two different buyers with the same PayPal account.

hi i dont use paypal on ebay i dont use it. i use wells fargo paypal system

I'm going to purchase the cards locally, a little over $1100 but with a warranty and support I figure it is worth it.

Plus it's about 1,000 less than the equivalent (if not better) NUUO DVR cards.

On to look for some cameras.

I'm going to purchase the cards locally, a little over $1100 but with a warranty and support I figure it is worth it.

hi for that money i would take alook at avermedia first

hi for that money i would take alook at avermedia first

Well I'm actually working on this for to meet MMED standards for the state of Colorado. Avermedia is not one of the approved list of DVRs. Could somebody recommend me some indoor cameras at .1 lux and outdoor cameras at .01 lux min. illumination? I am also looking for a PTZ tinted dome type camera with 360 degree rotation. Any suggestions?

For just a little more $$ you can have DS-4216HFVI instead of DS-4216HCI.

I say go for HFVI, which does 4CIF 25fps on each channel, instead of HCI, which is 2CIF 25fps each channel (half resolution of HFVI).

For just a little more $$ you can have DS-4216HFVI instead of DS-4216HCI.

I say go for HFVI, which does 4CIF 25fps on each channel, instead of HCI, which is 2CIF 25fps each channel (half resolution of HFVI).

Well, with that money, you can have 2 DG4216HFV, instead of DS-4216HFVI。

If you go for DG4216HFV, it does 4CIF 25fps on each channel, with BNC and VGA output.

need more info? just PM me.