rory

Extreme Reg-L

Rory, do you know if one of the cameras tested may have been Panasonic CL-924?? I take that this camera from ExtremeCCTV does deliver the goods, but at what price tag? This Panasonic cameras is not cheap, but from what my research shows, it is still more cost effective...

Just curious...

Levon

No not that camera, but then add to that price a Housing, Lens, and then some Infrared Lighting (required), or a Light Pole and labour to install the light pole, plus the time to set it up and get it working properly ..... then its in a bulky housing as well ... just not worth it.

Basically for a dealer pricing, the parts with a 1/2" Lens, Housing, and Infrared work out to the same price. Then add the labour to install all that, plus the set up time involved. The Extreme Camera is plug and play and all in one.

Did you see this one .. its pitch dark there with the head lights coming, i cant even see the plate myself standing there in person .. but the camera gets it, one camera needed for front and back.

5.jpg

I wouldnt mind trying that pano camera though

Rory,

I need help...

I need to get the equipment list from you from Extreme CCTV that gives the ability to read license plates! Can you please tell me know what is the maximum area view to achieve this task? Also, does it come with video enhancement tool that give you this capability by zooming in an area in the video clip that can read license plates?

Can you please send me e-mail on this topic?

I will send you a follow up e-mail regarding this topic shortly...

Levon

Rory,

They have the REG cameras installed at the UN Headquarters in NY.