Sign in to follow this  
smartboy

Basic Info Re Installing Avermedia Averdigi EH1000H-4 nano

hello all

I finally managed to get hold of Avermedia EH1000H-4 Nano.

I need to know the nitygrieties; this is my very fist attempt at installing home CCTV.

I've got Vivotek FD6121V cameras but they've got about 5 cables sticking out of the back of the dome which are as follows power dc 12, ethernet, video output, microphone input, audio output, i/o terminal. jee weez....aaaaaahhhhh..... why cant it just be one cable with all of them functions

Am I required to channel 3/4 cables from DVR to the cameras? if I have to do that I ant doing it! I am not having cables all over my house.

Oh yes the fun of CCTV surveillance I have broadband virmin cable with motorola modem. do i even need to mention this? what I am trying to ask is do I need a router or have I seriously not grasped the concept yet

Ive used Avermedia units before, and Vivotek cameras.

All those cables are for the different functions, so you dont need to utilize all of them.

Your camera will need power, whether you use the 12vdc plug or cat5 POE. POE is easier to use, because power and video/audio signal can go over one Cat5 cable, but you will need either a POE switch, or a POE injector.

The camera can use either the cat5, or the BNC for the video out.

The other functions are if you want the wire the I/O to a door contact for an event trigger.

So long story short if you use the Cat5 with a POE injector, plugged into your network, use the software that comes with the Vivotek to find or change the cameras IP. Set the cameras IP in the DVR, and your good. After you do all this, you may have an issue with the image size. I have an AverMedia EH5108H+ that I had some issues with. The image size was too large for the DVR to handle, and it was giving me an error that it couldnt connect to the camera. After a quick call to Aver I had to adjust the image size down, and it connected fine. Just make sure to adjust the image size through the Vivotek software.

The video using this method will be awesome, Vivoteks are great cameras. I have 2 installed here at my shop and I have installed over 30 for customers.

Hope this helps

Ive used Avermedia units before, and Vivotek cameras.

All those cables are for the different functions, so you dont need to utilize all of them.

Your camera will need power, whether you use the 12vdc plug or cat5 POE. POE is easier to use, because power and video/audio signal can go over one Cat5 cable, but you will need either a POE switch, or a POE injector.

The camera can use either the cat5, or the BNC for the video out.

The other functions are if you want the wire the I/O to a door contact for an event trigger.

So long story short if you use the Cat5 with a POE injector, plugged into your network, use the software that comes with the Vivotek to find or change the cameras IP. Set the cameras IP in the DVR, and your good. After you do all this, you may have an issue with the image size. I have an AverMedia EH5108H+ that I had some issues with. The image size was too large for the DVR to handle, and it was giving me an error that it couldnt connect to the camera. After a quick call to Aver I had to adjust the image size down, and it connected fine. Just make sure to adjust the image size through the Vivotek software.

The video using this method will be awesome, Vivoteks are great cameras. I have 2 installed here at my shop and I have installed over 30 for customers.

Hope this helps

Nice one mate, I thought no one was going to reply. " title="Applause" />

I was gonna order TP-Link POE150S Injector but it got crappy reviews at amazon.

Can you recommend a good injector and cat5 that will work fine with these cameras?

I know I am being a noob and asking people how to suck egg etc

I really appreciate every ones help

To be honest I haven't used a POE injector yet, just POE switches. But like anything on the net, take some of those reviews with a grain of salt... I would think that about any injector would work as long as it has the correct voltage. I also saw something about compliance with some standard (IEEE 802.3af standard), so it doesnt short and fry your camera... Obviously its your call....

As far as the Cat5 I typically use Belkin Cat5e

To be honest I haven't used a POE injector yet, just POE switches. But like anything on the net, take some of those reviews with a grain of salt... I would think that about any injector would work as long as it has the correct voltage. I also saw something about compliance with some standard (IEEE 802.3af standard), so it doesnt short and fry your camera... Obviously its your call....

As far as the Cat5 I typically use Belkin Cat5e

Thanks you,

I have ordered belkin cat 5 cables; just not sure about POE injector. You've mentioned POE switch; Is this a combination of an injector and an adapter to unify the Cat 5 data in to the DVR?

My Aver only has one ethernet port; I am installing three cameras using POE to keep the cabling simple. What I cant get my head arround is how to unify the data from these cat5 in to one data stream. Am I making sense? what equipment will I need?

Aha!

can I just convert the video in situated on back of DVR with baluns?

you pros should create a sticky post for noobs like mwa

I've searched the internet and including youtube; but none seem to address this. Am I asking for too much

The POE switch that I used was a Netgear 24 port gigabit switch, actually 2 of them. The facility has 56 cameras and 42 of them were POE Vivotek cameras (IP7361 and FD8361).

So that was a bit different that what you are planning.

Ive only used Video baluns on one job, that had preexisting wiring... needless to say I wasnt impressed.

Like I said before, I think any POE injector would work, as long as the voltage output is correct, and it is standardized (wont fry your camera).

Actually I found this from Vivotek that is designed for your camera:

http://www.vivotek.com/products/model.php?network_camera=fd61x1v&tab=acc

And a place that sells them.....not sure where your located so you may find one someplace else

http://californiapc.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=11609

Hope this helps