FarmerCharlie

Upgrading from NV3000

Last year I was considering upgrading my NV3000, but got busy with grass planting, and never got around to it. Now I'm back on that project. I like the basic operation and the software of the NV3000, but need more channels, better frame rates, and more than the one audio channel. I use analog cameras.

I'm thinking about the NV6240EX 8 channel PCI-e card, but have also been looking at the standalone EH1008H 8 ch Linux box, which would be about the same total cost.

1. Would the standalone box have the same software and general setup and playback that I am used to?

2. Would it playback recordings that I have from the NV3000?

3. How would the performance of the NV6240EX8 and EH1008H compare in terms of frame rate, resolution, and video compression?

4. Are there any other gotchas I should explore before making a change to standalone?

One reason I am considering a standalone box is that I am also looking at a separate 4-channel capture card for my WEB camera streaming, and it is quite possible that the two types of video cards may not play well together in the same computer.

I just did the same upgrade and opted for the NV6420e8. Biggest reason was no limitation on the IP streaming. I have both analog and IP cameras and it really made a difference to me. Being able to capture more frames from my analog cameras was a big plus.

If you check the specs on the EH1008 youll see the IP streams are limited.

I just did the same upgrade and opted for the NV6420e8.

Thanks for the info. I assume that the software was the same, and there is no new learning curve. And I assume you could use the new card to play previous recordings.

Correct?

The software is the same. You do need to reinstall it for the 6000 series card. As for using the old data, I didn't have to worry about that, so I don't know for sure. I would check with Avermedia support. They have a live chat during the day that has always been very helpful for me. I bet they can answer that in a few seconds.