sf2

Geovision, bandwidth control for control center traffic

I have a PC running control center in a main office. Most of the DVRs are on the same LAN so bandwidth is not an issue.

There is a remote store that has two DVR systems each with a GV1240-16 card running 8.04.1 software on Windows 7.

I have one camera from each in the matrix of the control center PC. There is a VPN connecting the remote store. Others have control of it. They think it is using too much bandwidth. I know there is a bandwidth control server in the Geovision software but from what I can find it only applies to the webcam server.

Is there any way to control the traffic that is going to the control center PC?

Thanks

I have a PC running control center in a main office. Most of the DVRs are on the same LAN so bandwidth is not an issue.

There is a remote store that has two DVR systems each with a GV1240-16 card running 8.04.1 software on Windows 7.

I have one camera from each in the matrix of the control center PC. There is a VPN connecting the remote store. Others have control of it. They think it is using too much bandwidth. I know there is a bandwidth control server in the Geovision software but from what I can find it only applies to the webcam server.

Is there any way to control the traffic that is going to the control center PC?

Thanks

Yes but not through Geo. You'd need to get another program like netlimiter to do so.

Another thing you can do is change the stream quality on the camera itself.

Bandwidth Control under the WebCamServer only applies to web access. You need to configure Bandwidth Control as a Default Service in the Control Center Server on each DVR for it to take affect to Control Center. Click on the CC Server icon and then select Configure then select Set Default Sevices. Ensure Bandwith Control Service is checked then click OK. Select Service and Start Default Services. Minimize the CCS and you should be all set.

Yes but not through Geo. You'd need to get another program like netlimiter to do so.

Another thing you can do is change the stream quality on the camera itself.

Forgot about netlimiter, used for something else a long time ago. Thanks for the suggestion.

Select Service and Start Default Services. Minimize the CCS and you should be all set.

I have bandwidth control running as a default service and also have the services set to start on Windows startup.

Is the bandwidth control service "automagic" or do you know of any way to determine what the service is doing (bandwidth use) or if any tuning can be done using native Geovsion?

Or is there something in control center that will tell you the bandwidth a particular camera is using similar to how multiview shows bandwidth?

Easiest way to check usage at the Control Center site is thru Task Manager. We have one site with 51 cameras being viewed and our network usage is only 2.5%.

If you want to get specific info for each server, load in Bandwidth Control Client Site from the Main System section of your Geo DVD. This will give many options for setting up and viewing your networks status. Chapter 11 of th User's manual will give you details.

If you want to get specific info for each server, load in Bandwidth Control Client Site from the Main System section of your Geo DVD. This will give many options for setting up and viewing your networks status. Chapter 11 of th User's manual will give you details.

I just read that chapter and it always notes "webcam server". Control center connects to port 5611 for data. I need to do some experimenting to see if bandwidth control affects traffic to control center.