andyh747

Averdigi EH1008-4 Nano - Sending Snapshots via Email

Hi All,

I've installed a series of external sensors for this system and have setup the DVR to email me when a sensor is triggered. However the option to send a snapshot is greyed out both under the email option and in the general alarm section. Can anyone explain how to get the system to email a snapshot or is this not possible? It's odd having the option there but not selectable.

Many thanks.

Hi andyh747

I have a eh1004 nano (same as yours but only 4 channel) and was having the same problem. I was using H8.1.1.0.28a firmware. With this firmware then the option to send a snapshot via e-mail is greyed out (like you are seeing). I upgraded to firmware version H8.03.02.00.03 today. With this firmware version, the snapshot feature is no longer greyed out and therefore can be selected.

However, the feature still does not work correctly. I get an e-mail containing a jpeg image file okay. However, the image isn't correct. I get the top few lines of the picture correct, then some lines of rubbish and then blank lines. Would be interested to know if you get the same.

Hi andyh747

I have a eh1004 nano (same as yours but only 4 channel) and was having the same problem. I was using H8.1.1.0.28a firmware. With this firmware then the option to send a snapshot via e-mail is greyed out (like you are seeing). I upgraded to firmware version H8.03.02.00.03 today. With this firmware version, the snapshot feature is no longer greyed out and therefore can be selected.

However, the feature still does not work correctly. I get an e-mail containing a jpeg image file okay. However, the image isn't correct. I get the top few lines of the picture correct, then some lines of rubbish and then blank lines. Would be interested to know if you get the same.

Hi,

Sorry for late reply but have only just got round to updating the firmware.

The email notification with picture seems to work fine for me. I have it selected to auto for picture size and it's coming through fine each time the alarm is triggered.

This is a vast improvement in terms of alarm features and was badly needed. Now I can see what's triggered the alarm and not just be told it's been triggered. Very useful.

Let me know if you're still having problems.

Hi andyh747

Hi,

Sorry for late reply but have only just got round to updating the firmware.

The email notification with picture seems to work fine for me. I have it selected to auto for picture size and it's coming through fine each time the alarm is triggered.

This is a vast improvement in terms of alarm features and was badly needed. Now I can see what's triggered the alarm and not just be told it's been triggered. Very useful.

Let me know if you're still having problems.

you can also use CM3000 and set alarms from each of your cameras that way you can also record every event.

lots have happend with avermedia in the last few days. one is a new company CCTV now called AVER. with a brand new website much better to download updates and software like CMS3000 and the new imatrix.

www.aver.com

Thnaks for the reply Andyh747.

I'm still having problems with e-mail alerts. See:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=26178

The unit is now installed some distance away and e-mails have stopped completely. However, before they stopped, I was getting full image snapshots without picture break up.

Have sent you PM.

Thanks