Sign in to follow this  
gritts

help please with avtech 674 system ??

hi,i bought this 4 camera sony dome system from ebay and it was great at first but after maybe a couple of weeks it started clicking & clunking and to me it sounded like the 1tb hardrive inside the machine,its never went away and now the 4 cameras have turned very fuzzy at nightime & they worked fine at first ? 1 camera went first then followed the other 3 one at a time now they are all fuzzy,the cameras have nightvision and glowed red at nightime when i first got them,now they dont light up at all,the company that sold me the system said it would be the power supply & sent a new one but the problem still remains,do u think ive been stung maybe a cheap chinese copy or something as the system arrived in a brown box with no instructions book and nothing on the system saying avtech ???

system is -4 Camera CCTV FULL SYSTEM Avtech 674 Sony Dome 1000 GIG

here is a link to the exact system and company

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270706111297&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

lead kits and cheap plug in power supply. could be your first problem. just for a little test un plug all your cameras and just plug 1 into dvr and only have that one on the power supply. and see how that camera goes though the night. (see if your ir come on)

but i would look at replacing all the leads with RG59 and a good power supply unit.

hi,i bought this 4 camera sony dome system from ebay and it was great at first but after maybe a couple of weeks it started clicking & clunking and to me it sounded like the 1tb hardrive inside the machine,its never went away and now the 4 cameras have turned very fuzzy at nightime & they worked fine at first ? 1 camera went first then followed the other 3 one at a time now they are all fuzzy,the cameras have nightvision and glowed red at nightime when i first got them,now they dont light up at all,the company that sold me the system said it would be the power supply & sent a new one but the problem still remains,do u think ive been stung maybe a cheap chinese copy or something as the system arrived in a brown box with no instructions book and nothing on the system saying avtech ???

system is -4 Camera CCTV FULL SYSTEM Avtech 674 Sony Dome 1000 GIG

here is a link to the exact system and company

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270706111297&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

No more red lights on the IR cameras, tried a new power supply!

Could I hazard a guess that those are cheap IR cameras which have overheated, and the IR modules burn't out!

It's easy to make a cheap IR camera --- just not to make it handle the excessive heat that is emitted from IR LEDS within what is built to be a sealed unit , with no effective dissipation path for that heat. Then instead of using higher end Led modules with a standard 20000 hr life span, just use any old infra red led and module.

I have more than 100 such infra-red demo cameras in our scrap room, poor design and components.

I don't wish to sound harsh, but unfortunately the proliferation of merchants with no other value proposition than price, is driving the input costs of some cameras so low - that they can never be expected to work!

Here's an insight into the Chinese Mindset

Buyer " wow that price is too high - i can get a cheaper camera from xyz"

Chinese manufacturer : "oh - what price do yoy want, I can give it to you"

Buyer "At least $5 less"

Manufacturer: "Ok - i give you single board, not double and i take off two IC - then I give you $10 Less"

I love this picture - had our sales guys include it in their sales book!

130382401954-1.png

hi,thanks for replys & the ir cameras burnt out sound pretty much what has happened,ive contacted this guy over and over again & would say hes full of ****,he wants me to send it back as it states it has a years warranty but what do i do in the meantime to protect my property & car ?? would probably wait at least a week or 2 to recieve back,i think he should be sending me 4 new cameras first & then i send back the 4 duff ones & not the same cameras also,what do u guys think ??

hi,thanks for replys & the ir cameras burnt out sound pretty much what has happened,ive contacted this guy over and over again & would say hes full of ****,he wants me to send it back as it states it has a years warranty but what do i do in the meantime to protect my property & car ?? would probably wait at least a week or 2 to recieve back,i think he should be sending me 4 new cameras first & then i send back the 4 duff ones & not the same cameras also,what do u guys think ??

i would still do the testing first before you send your cameras back. the avtech is a well used dvr ok low budget but works. cameras .. yes cheap. but you also have very cheap lead kits. not good for cctv at all. the power supply is also cheap spec says 2amp all your cameras will need a little more than that come night and IR comes on. if 2 or 3 of your cameras try to switch on ir at the same time you dont have enough power. i.e you will loose a camera or images will become bad

try each camera in you tv see what image you get. with cheap box systems it is best to at least change cables and power units

hi,ok i will try tonight when its dark,will unplug all the cameras & try one on its own to see if the ir comes on,he did send me another power supply which i tried yesterday & it done nothing,im sure i tested that with the old power supply i just put 1 camera on the power supply and it was still fuzzy picture he told me to try that,if not what should i do ?? send the whole lot back for a full refund or get him to send me 4 new cameras

hi,ok i will try tonight when its dark,will unplug all the cameras & try one on its own to see if the ir comes on,he did send me another power supply which i tried yesterday & it done nothing,im sure i tested that with the old power supply i just put 1 camera on the power supply and it was still fuzzy picture he told me to try that,if not what should i do ?? send the whole lot back for a full refund or get him to send me 4 new cameras

if it can go back then yes i would. if you break the system up all you have bought is a dvr and 4 cameras. lead kits and cheap power units alway need slinging in the bin.

have you tride to take footage off the dvr. also try that.

hi,so these systems are probably cheap copies ? bloody hell have u seen his feedback on ebay no complaints whatsoever,and this is a nightmare as ive ran the cables all neatly round my property & drilled walls etc to install cameras outside to watch my car and property,the annoying thing is it was great at first and the picture quality was pretty clear which would identify a crook or vandal no problem,feel ive been ripped off with a cheap copy system

hi,so these systems are probably cheap copies ? bloody hell have u seen his feedback on ebay no complaints whatsoever,and this is a nightmare as ive ran the cables all neatly round my property & drilled walls etc to install cameras outside to watch my car and property,the annoying thing is it was great at first and the picture quality was pretty clear which would identify a crook or vandal no problem,feel ive been ripped off with a cheap copy system

I doubt that the dvr is a problem - just the cameras. Even if you send it back he will just replace it with the same crappy cameras and they'll burn out in a few weeks as well.

Try an buy yourself a decent camera - test it with that DVR. It's probably a genuine Avtech, and even though it's cheap -- they are not too bad for your residence.

Edited by Guest

just recieved an email from him here it is

The person who gave you the information about the cameras overheating has no knowledge of cameras what so ever. These cameras are not IR cameras, they are domes and they dont overheat.

The cameras are one of the best quality cameras in the market and they are with SONY Chipset as it shows on the description.

We Believe that the system has not been installed correctly. However, you can send the system back and if its faulty by hardware failure then we would either replace or repair the faulty parts.

If you was not happy with the system that you received, you could have notified us with in 7 working days and got a full refund.

You have agreed to our terms and condition before purchase.

AND THE SYSTEM WAS WORKING FOR THE FIRST FEW WEEKS SO WHY WOULD I SEND IT BACK !!!!!

ALSO ON HIS AD -CCTV Camera Features:: Colour, Infra Red, Night Vision, Waterproof, Wired ????????????????

Edited by Guest

just recieved an email from him here it is

The person who gave you the information about the cameras overheating has no knowledge of cameras what so ever. These cameras are not IR cameras, they are domes and they dont overheat.

The cameras are one of the best quality cameras in the market and they are with SONY Chipset as it shows on the description.

We Believe that the system has not been installed correctly. However, you can send the system back and if its faulty by hardware failure then we would either replace or repair the faulty parts.

If you was not happy with the system that you received, you could have notified us with in 7 working days and got a full refund.

You have agreed to our terms and condition before purchase.

Strange that the cameras glowed red in the dark -------- if they are not night vision cameras, then sure you would get a fuzzy picture at night

Check whether they are night vision cams or not???

no not copy. your dvr will be fine. you have budget cameras and budget dvr. but you are linking everything to gether with cheap nasty cable and power unit.

RG59 i have seen over 10 years old still working the lead kits you get with budget i have seen the ends pull of as you get them out of the box. you may have hit your cable with hammer while cliping or cliped the wire to tight and damaged the cheap lead kit.

hi, he says they believe the system has not been installed correctly ??? then why would it work no problem for weeks ?? ive checked all my cables and they have no cuts or kinks in them,the cameras went down one after another 1 camera 1 week then another the next night and so on,if the system was wrongly installed it would not work from day 1 am i right ??

hi, he says they believe the system has not been installed correctly ??? then why would it work no problem for weeks ?? ive checked all my cables and they have no cuts or kinks in them,the cameras went down one after another 1 camera 1 week then another the next night and so on,if the system was wrongly installed it would not work from day 1 am i right ??

Gritts --- Initially you led me to believe the cameras where night vision. The first step here is to confirm if the cameras are night vision or not.

If they are not night vision then most likely you will get a fuzzy picture at night.

If you where previously not getting a fuzzy picture at night - has something changed? Is it getting dark earlier, is there a light that was present before that is not present now.

If nothing has changed, have you tried refocusing the lenses, perhaps the lenses have just gone out of focus.

If still no then potentially you have cable and power problems - as that is where 70% of camera problems originate.

The quickest way to establish any of this is to try as suggested the camera connected to your television --- however if it's an HD television and these are cheap cameras, that may not be definitive - especially if it's larger than standard screen.

If the camera performs well -- eliminate the camera as a problem, and start examining the cable and power supply.

no your not right. lead kits are rubbish. you have cheap wire going to a phono then to a phono to BNC at both ends of your cable. lots of connections best not used on 1 cable run. then the cable not good for video and the powerside to small .............. cut a power plug off and see how easy it is to snap a bit off with your finger.

were are you located. do you have a cctv supplier you could take a camera to to test ??? you can do it yourself but you would need some good coax BNC crimp tool and also know how to fit it. and also a good power unit.

4 Camera Complete System ( Plug n Play )

Av-Tech 674, 4 Channel Input

Networkable, VGA, USB, Remote.

iPhone Compatible

H.264 Video Compression Technology

420 TVL Sony Chipset Super HAD

Metal Dome Anti Vandal Colour Camera

Night Vision

1000GB HDD (Pre Installed )

Up To 4 weeks of Continuous Recording -

(Depending On Quality)

USB Backup

as it says they have nightvision,they worked no problem for weeks more like 2 months,at night they turned from colour to black & white but picture quality at night has been lost from very clear to very fuzzy and bitty,the system is connected to my tv 50inch samsung vga connection & ive had 3 tvs connected up to this and they all show the same fuzzy & bitty picture at night,but as ive been saying it was perfect picture quality for at least 2 months ????and the cameras no longer light up red at night like they did for 2 months,when first camera went fuzzy i went outside and checked & it was not glowing red like the other 3 then the next 1 went followed closely by all of them,the picture on the cameras during the day is perfect its at night only the go fuzzy and bitty

4 Camera Complete System ( Plug n Play )

Av-Tech 674, 4 Channel Input

Networkable, VGA, USB, Remote.

iPhone Compatible

H.264 Video Compression Technology

420 TVL Sony Chipset Super HAD

Metal Dome Anti Vandal Colour Camera

Night Vision

1000GB HDD (Pre Installed )

Up To 4 weeks of Continuous Recording -

(Depending On Quality)

USB Backup

as it says they have nightvision,they worked no problem for weeks more like 2 months,at night they turned from colour to black & white but picture quality at night has been lost from very clear to very fuzzy and bitty,the system is connected to my tv 50inch samsung vga connection & ive had 3 tvs connected up to this and they all show the same fuzzy & bitty picture at night,but as ive been saying it was perfect picture quality for at least 2 months ????and the cameras no longer light up red at night like they did for 2 months,when first camera went fuzzy i went outside and checked & it was not glowing red like the other 3 then the next 1 went followed closely by all of them,the picture on the cameras during the day is perfect its at night only the go fuzzy and bitty

Ok, if he says they are nightvision, you saw a red glow at night and had good images, now there is no red glow and fuzzy pictures --- I revert, The led modules have likely burn't out!

If you hadn't tried a different power supply already i would have suspected power.

If you never saw the red glow with that 2A supply I would have suspected power.

Even though you probably need about 800mA each - plus 33% for fun for those cams when the IR's come on. The advert claims power requirement at about 250mA my 800mA is a pretty aggressive estimate.

Try a higher amp power supply and see if those modules glow at night again ------> I suspect they won't! But try it for sure as the easiest elimination.

Silly me --- I didn't see the ebay link, after looking at the link those are definitely IR Cameras.

Do you have any surge protection on your system --- we definitely don't honour warranties where there is no surge protection fitted as per accepted electrical standards?

hi,if i try a more powerfull power supply could that not blow the cameras ? it has a 12volt power supply and the system has a 19 volt power supply which states in the avtech video not to put a bigger power supply onto cameras ?

hi,if i try a more powerfull power supply could that not blow the cameras ? it has a 12volt power supply and the system has a 19 volt power supply which states in the avtech video not to put a bigger power supply onto cameras ?

you can go upto 12v 5amp if you wished. your cameras will only draw what they need. but you still have the problem of your cable i would not up grade your power without doing your cable

the power supply 19 volts .... has nothing to do with your cameras it just the dvr power.

there are two values V - Volt and A - Amps. Don't ever exceed the V rating of 12V - you will likely harm your system. So you should see these two ratings on the supply you have 12V & 2A

You wanna try a 12V 4A supply