irishcrows

DynDNS.org paid service

Hi

We are considering upgrading to the paid service for DDNS from DynDNS.org. Does anybody know the limit on host redirects? It would be nice to have one account that we could use for all our clients with DVR's and camera servers. We are looking at 5-10 redirects.

Thanks

Michael

Hi

We are considering upgrading to the paid service for DDNS from DynDNS.org. Does anybody know the limit on host redirects? It would be nice to have one account that we could use for all our clients with DVR's and camera servers. We are looking at 5-10 redirects.

Thanks

Michael

hi. it would be best to set up each customer with their own DDNS account. so i wouls stay with the free service. best not being the manager of each of your customes network.

Yea, I'd say each client should have their own account. You can always keep their account info stored somewhere in case you need to log in and change something.

I feel kinda lucky being one of the people who had an account before they reduced their free hosting name choices.

Personally I use the paid service from dyndns.org, they give me 30 hostnames for $15 per year. What I like about it is that I can easily see if there is something wrong with their internal network as they send me an email when they are going to block a hostname for abuse. It also gives me the advantage of not having to remember a bunch of different user names and passwords and I can always remotely log into their router that I set up and make any necessary changes in case the ddns is not updating correctly when their public ip changes.