The_Librarian

AVTECH 674a - Can't see anything on my VGA Display

Hi all,

Hope you can help please.

I have an Avtech 674a connected to a VGA display. I wanted to improve the image quality so I went to the advanced settings (I think) and changed the Display settings from 'Auto' to what I think was 'VGA'. I might have accidentally selected 'Composite' instead, because after the system restarted, the VGA monitor is not picking up any video signal.

I have performed a hard reset, but still have no video signal.

I can still see cameras and change basic setting on the DVR by logging in remotely by using Video Viewer, but this isn't really ideal for me.

I've even updated the Firmware (thanks to this forum) to 1043. Still no joy.

Does anyone have a suggestion please? It's my own daft fault for not double checking the display setting I chose before restarting the system.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give.

Ray

Hi all,

Hope you can help please.

I have an Avtech 674a connected to a VGA display. I wanted to improve the image quality so I went to the advanced settings (I think) and changed the Display settings from 'Auto' to what I think was 'VGA'. I might have accidentally selected 'Composite' instead, because after the system restarted, the VGA monitor is not picking up any video signal.

I have performed a hard reset, but still have no video signal.

I can still see cameras and change basic setting on the DVR by logging in remotely by using Video Viewer, but this isn't really ideal for me.

I've even updated the Firmware (thanks to this forum) to 1043. Still no joy.

Does anyone have a suggestion please? It's my own daft fault for not double checking the display setting I chose before restarting the system.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give.

Ray

Ray ----- the first stop for help, should be the person who sold it to you. That's the guy that got away selling it cheaper than most on this forum, because he obviously didn't have to account for the extra costs of support, backup and training.....especially when a lot of the CCTV guys here are going to do it for him ----for free!

I haven't had a lot to do with AVtechs - but isn't there a way to access the config via the network and set the correct display selection.

Thanks Brandon,

I've tried and he's clueless. If anyone can help, it'd be appreciated. I'm not taking it for granted. Just don't know where to turn to right now.

Ray

Oops, forgot to mention, the online confit does not allow access to the display change settings.

What monitor have you got connected to the VGA?

It's a Toshiba 17" flatscreen TV that has a VGA mode. I appreciate that if I can't get the VGA to work, then I will just buy a composite cable and use the TV as a monitor. That is my last resort because I am concerned that the composite video quality will be worse than the VGA quality, which has not been as good as I'd hoped.

I've used PC card CCTV connected to the same external cameras and linked to a laptop in the past - the quality was very good. I was very disappointed to see that the Avatech DVR had lower quality resolution, even htough in theory it shouldn't be.

Thanks for responding with a question. I really don't expect to find an answer at this moment as it just seems like a silly thing for me to have done with the settings in the 1st place.

Thanks Brandon,

I've tried and he's clueless. If anyone can help, it'd be appreciated. I'm not taking it for granted. Just don't know where to turn to right now.

Ray

press the right key ► on the

DVR front panel during DVR power-on to force the video output via VGA.

It's a Toshiba 17" flatscreen TV that has a VGA mode. I appreciate that if I can't get the VGA to work, then I will just buy a composite cable and use the TV as a monitor. That is my last resort because I am concerned that the composite video quality will be worse than the VGA quality, which has not been as good as I'd hoped.

I've used PC card CCTV connected to the same external cameras and linked to a laptop in the past - the quality was very good. I was very disappointed to see that the Avatech DVR had lower quality resolution, even htough in theory it shouldn't be.

Thanks for responding with a question. I really don't expect to find an answer at this moment as it just seems like a silly thing for me to have done with the settings in the 1st place.

Have you got any other monitors to try , try a few different ones ------ I have only ever switched on one AVtech dvr , not exactly the kind of thing we normally deal with -----

Tomcctv seems to be quite knowledgeable with them and will probably come along with the right advice soon.

Whenever I have had an issue such as this with display resolution, i've usually found a different monitor that brings back the display and allows me to set the resolution properly.

And oh ----- regardless of what anybody tells you ---- don't plug your vga in or out while the equipment is switched on! Numerous installers laugh at me when i tell them that ---- but proof of the pudding is when you see sparks as you make or break the connection ---- hope you don't have a dead vga port.

I won't comment again as I would be wasting your time - as I haven't worked with or paid any attention to the avtech dvr's past the 5 or 10 which we once sold.

I am sure somebody will know how to default the device if all else fails.

That worked!! Thank you so very much, I can't tell you how fantastic that is. We have to have CCTV to protect ourselves from some pretty insane people. I really appreciate your help!

And Brandon, thank you for your help too. I wish you continued success in your endeavours.

That worked!! Thank you so very much, I can't tell you how fantastic that is. We have to have CCTV to protect ourselves from some pretty insane people. I really appreciate your help!

And Brandon, thank you for your help too. I wish you continued success in your endeavours.

no problem The_Librarian

Thanks Brandon,

Ray

So I can say my knowledge base on avtech building up Much the same as the TVT dvr ---- hold down the escape button for 5 seconds.