sonthan00

Newbie help with hooking up DVR with POS

Hello everyone. It's my first post here so I am sorry in advance if I post this in a wrong section.

I have an existing CCTV system with 16 Chanel-DVR. I want to hook it up into my POS system so that when someone ring a up a sale it would trigger the DVR to record. What hardware and software do I need? My POS system is window base. I am looking for something similar to this one http://ezc.ezuniverse.com/

Thank you so much in advance for your help.

What's wrong with the one you linked?

There are a number of ways to do this, potentially... it all depends on what output your POS is capable of. If it can output plain text via a serial port, you could route that into a TVS device, such as this one, and just set the DVR to record that channel when there's motion - the text popping up on screen should trigger the motion detection.

Some DVRs are also capable of capturing this information and logging it, time-synced to the video... I know the Vigil systems I work with can also be set to see incoming POS data as an "alarm" state and either start recording, or kick to a higher-quality recording mode...

Hard to say much else without more info about the equipment involved, both POS and DVR.

Hello everyone. It's my first post here so I am sorry in advance if I post this in a wrong section.

I have an existing CCTV system with 16 Chanel-DVR. I want to hook it up into my POS system so that when someone ring a up a sale it would trigger the DVR to record. What hardware and software do I need? My POS system is window base. I am looking for something similar to this one http://ezc.ezuniverse.com/

Thank you so much in advance for your help.

Do you need to manipulate the POS data in some kind of database to search through that data, or do you just need the transaction data overlayed on your image and saved.

Active vs Passive POS

What's wrong with the one you linked?

There are a number of ways to do this, potentially... it all depends on what output your POS is capable of. If it can output plain text via a serial port, you could route that into a TVS device, such as this one, and just set the DVR to record that channel when there's motion - the text popping up on screen should trigger the motion detection.

Guaranteed to work with his dvr???

A TVS box plugs in-line with an analog camera feed and overlays the POS text on the video; the DVR simply records that like any other video feed... so yes, as long as he's running at least one analog camera, it's guaranteed to work with his DVR.

A TVS box plugs in-line with an analog camera feed and overlays the POS text on the video; the DVR simply records that like any other video feed... so yes, as long as he's running at least one analog camera, it's guaranteed to work with his DVR.

Ok, thats the same as what we know as stealth boxes , or text injectors ---- injecting text over video. That's gonna be perfect unless he wants active pos data---which is improbable if the DVR system he's using doesn't support POS.

even without the dvr not recording data still does not mean it cant be done. text overlay with data capture can be sent to a pc for image and data search. also detecing no sale voids or even total day sales.

but it depends on what the op has to start with.

what make is the DVR what make is the POS system

even without the dvr not recording data still does not mean it cant be done. text overlay with data capture can be sent to a pc for image and data search. also detecing no sale voids or even total day sales.

but it depends on what the op has to start with.

what make is the DVR what make is the POS system

Indeed, we are doing it daily ------ flat text capture to external database , text injected to video overlay - software integration.......then we have dvr's with the built in capability to do pos search and we have the customer who is happy to do manual searches for video that has overlaid transactions.

Almost nothing can't be done!