knifel

Some help, internet Video Broadcast.

Hi there, im happy to found this forum, im nearly sure someone here can help me.

I have the following problem.

For a bussiness im starting, one of the companies im working with is asking me to set up a system to broadcast video trough the internet via CCTV.

So far I got the cameras, DVR PCI Card and a New PC,

the problem I have now is that i cant make the software works, the PCI card i buy:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&nma=true&item=250818695092&si=%252BT3YAC8xnPBRTvx%252BZi5Nym7Xpgw%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT#ht_2573wt_1139

It came with a software called DVR4000 but i cant make it works.

So my question is, what software do I need to make the cameras work and how do i do to broadcast by internet. I have the Public IP address and all internet requirements already set up, just having problems with software and cameras to work on the PC.

Thanks for your time.

Hi there, im happy to found this forum, im nearly sure someone here can help me.

For a bussiness im starting, one of the companies im working with is asking me to set up a system to broadcast video trough the internet via CCTV.

the problem I have now is that i cant make the software works, the PCI card i buy:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&nma=true&item=250818695092&si=%252BT3YAC8xnPBRTvx%252BZi5Nym7Xpgw%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT#ht_2573wt_1139

So my question is, what software do I need to make the cameras work and how do i do to broadcast by internet. I have the Public IP address and all internet requirements already set up, just having problems with software and cameras to work on the PC.

Thanks for your time.

If it's for business i would suggest you don't buy from ebay. My customer pay me more for the products, but they phone me out of bed at 6am on a saturday morning -- I give them good service, because they pay me well.

You haven't paid the ebayer well, so he's not giving you any support or service.

I would like to help you, but there just isn't any way for me to tell at the moment if you bought a legitimate or a copy card!

Thanks for your time.

hi. if you are doing this for a customer i would first replace the capture card $22 will buy you nothing. looked at the spec and no mention of remote viewing.

it will save you time and money if you can change the card.

Thanks for your answer.

I guess you are right, since i dont know much about this i tried to set it up by myselft, but it was harder than i though.

What card and software do you recomend for remote viewing?

Thanks again

What sort of video are you broadcasting? Unless you're using multiple sources and need viewers to be able to control them remotely, there are probably more efficient/effective ways to do it. I used to "broadcast" hockey games to my buddy using my TV tuner card and Windows Media Encoder.