ssnapier

Anyone here have experience with the RVision Dual i50?

This is an analog, thermal/ color, PTZ camera and I am using it with a 4 channel Axis video server in order to display the cameras in Mobotix Control Center. The issue I am having is that I cannot figure out a way to make both cameras show up at the same time. I can make one or the other come up but not both together. Is this a limitation of the camera or am I just dorking something up here?

Looks like its a dual day night camera (or dual CCD camera), typically those are meant to be color in the day and switch to the low light / IR camera at night, not be 2 cameras with separate outputs, as then people could just buy 2 separate cameras. Dual CCD day night is the best type of day night camera BTW, a single day night camera is one camera trying to do the job of both. Although i have no experience with this particular camera.

There are zero BNC connectors ont he camera, everything is sent out via a DB-15 connector and then it is fed to everything else using this weird little breakout cable. The breakout cable has two BNC's, one is labeled "Video" and the other is "Vid2/ Audio" which makes me think that I can view both video outputs at once. I am going to poke around in the camera settings and see if it is just a software swicth that I missed.

The bottom line is that this is simply NOT a user friendly camera, but I am kind of stuck with it at the moment since the customer wants this and only this camera.

Oh I am not questioning the quality of the camera itself it is a friggin' tank! I am just trying to figure out how to make both things work at once. We are in touch with Rvision, I was just throwing it out there to see if anyone had done this before.