prady

please advise

I am ready to spend somewhere around $1000 for this purpose.

and which sofwtare do u think will be best to do live streaming.

can u recommend any good DVR card which will do streaming.

I am planning to use real-producer from real media for streaming.

any ideas...

Thnx,

Prady

Best DVR card i have used so far for remote video streaming is the Iview card .. it is limited on the local end, as far as features like playback & search, but it beats the rest on the remote video side, simple to use and fast. GeoVision has alot of local features though, and has local 720x480 resolution, where as Iview only has 640x480 resolution on the normal cards.

Now, i forgot to mention one of the few (if only one) DVR cards that have Java Based Remote Video, which works in all browsers that accept java .... one of our own members, Thomas, works for Video Insight in Texas USA ... this may be an option you want to look at ... the users wont be restricted to Internet Explorer ... as it doesnt require anything to be downloaded, whereas all other DVRs require an activeX file to be downloaded for it to run to show the video which requires Internet Explorer and a pain in the butt download time on some of them (Video Insight just needs a Java Enabled Browser like IE, FireFox, Netscape, etc), and Video Insight can probably customise it for you. Thomas any chance of a demo

$1000 gets rid of the broadcasting price range

When I say broadcasting im talking like what you see and hear from TV stations.

Rory

Hey Thomas,

can we see any demo?

and when DVR cards record video, do they record audio on video as well?

Thnx,

Prady

Hey G22,

There is no voice in the videos,

Does tht mean, DVR cards can not transmit voice..

Thnx,

Prady

Some can stream audio as well as video, alot of them will record audio locally, and mostly the PC Based DVRs have more audio capability than a stand alone, such as more channels and streaming audio.

The one i was talking about we didnt get online yet and have to take some speakers down tomorrrow ... but ill let you know about the stream once its online ... its a Geovision .. ill try to get my Iview one here also streaming, just need to get the sound card driver working and plug TV audio into it ..

Rory

We don't stream audio. To be frank, we are not going to be the right solution for this problem.