Sign in to follow this  
securitysys

Sanyo VDC-HD3100

In decent lighting these Sanyo cameras have an excellent picture quality. The HD3100 has no "night" capability unless you have a well lit area. Search on here for HD3300 images in day time and that is what you can expect from the HD3100. Basically everything said about a HD3300 applies to the HD3100 except night vision.

5 fps is all your going to get in full rez mpeg. You can get 30 fps at 1920x1080.

I really like the Sanyo's, and have installed a lot of them. One thing to keep in mind about the lower models (VCC2100/2300 and VDC3100/3300) is that in H.264, you can only select streams at either 15 or 30FPS, no lower rates are available.

This bit me when calculating storage requirements on a large job, I had been expecting to be able to set frame rates at 5 FPS or so, which is available in the higher models.

I really like the Sanyo's, and have installed a lot of them. One thing to keep in mind about the lower models (VCC2100/2300 and VDC3100/3300) is that in H.264, you can only select streams at either 15 or 30FPS, no lower rates are available.

This bit me when calculating storage requirements on a large job, I had been expecting to be able to set frame rates at 5 FPS or so, which is available in the higher models.

You try to calculate storage requirements? I just tell them it's like asking how long is a piece of string. You won't know until you get it. HDD's are pretty cheap these days so it's not that much of an issue adding additional capacity.

You try to calculate storage requirements? I just tell them it's like asking how long is a piece of string. You won't know until you get it. HDD's are pretty cheap these days so it's not that much of an issue adding additional capacity.

This particular customer needed over a year of storage on certain cameras (11 out of 39 cameras), all Sanyo's, so yes, you have to at least start somewhere with your disk sizing (32 TB planned originally, now growing to at least 64TB due to the frame rate issue).

Well it looks like a non-issue, I understand these cameras are backordered until August due to a disruption in chip supply from Japan . I'm going to call around and see if anyone has any stock.

How does the Arecont Vision 2815 compare in picture quality to this Sanyo?

Thanks Again.