Sign in to follow this  
berti76

Web Service 2.0 on non-IE?

Hello there

I have a DVR that is using either PSS and Web Service 2.0 to control it and view the cameras. I found PSS too much complicated for some DVR users, this is why I wanted to allow them using a browser to watch and control the camers.

The problem is probably with IE security options because when I enter the IP and port of my DVR I see something like this:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/860/webcontrol.jpg

My pc is Windows7 with latest IE. Forwarded ports are 37777 TCP, 37778 UDP, 80 HTTP

Then installed Chrome with IE-Tabs, and managed to run it flawlessly.

Here comes the questions:

1. Can I watch my DVR cameras on Firefox, maybe there is alternative web application?

2. Can I watch my DVR cameras on my cell phone (android, blackberry, iphone, symbian) ?

I dont think it is compatible with IE9 yet. Have you tried using IE8 to see if that helps? Also, not sure if this will help or not but you can try going to Tools>Compatibility Mode

Yes, you can do both. Rory on here has some downloads available on here that you can try. I am sure he will pop in any second.

Mozilla Firefox

Firefox plugin

How to use the Firefox plugin

Mobile Phones

Mobile phone support list

iPhone/iPod/iPad (itunes)

iPhone/iPod/iPad DMSS (Free)

iPhone/iPod/iPad DMSS Pro

iPhone DMSS User Manual

Android

Android DMSS 1.51.0 (25/05/10)

Android DMSS 1.55.3 (08/03/11)

Android DMSS 4ch Audio (20/05/11)

Android DMSS User Manual

Blackberry

Blackberry DMSS 1.52 (10/01/11)

Blackberry DMSS 5.0 (27/01/11)

Blackberry DMSS 5.0 (13/05/11, for post April 2011 DVR firmware:)

Blackberry DMSS User Manual

Symbian

Symbian DMSS 1.52.0 (09/09/10)

Symbian3 DMSS 1.53.0 (25/03/11)

Nokia OpenC patch (if errors with 1.53)

Symbian DMSS User Manual

Windows Mobile

Windows Mobile DMSS 1.21.6 (03/02/10)

Windows Mobile DMSS 1.22.1 (03/09/10)

Windows Mobile DMSS User Manual

Regarding PSS you can setup tasks for your clients which auto login with Extra or Main stream (like groups which auto load all cameras), and even make it portable so they never have to install, and just email them a link to download a single self extracting executable (winXP includes free software called ieexpress which is like win rar's SFX). See this article for an example of the tasks and skins.

http://www.bahamassecurity.com/articles/dahua-pss-skins.asp

And a detailed thread here on tweaking PSS

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=23702

Also see the following thread about DSS. Your client would only need the client software and when they log into the DSS server (eg. your pc) with their user name a list of DVRs assigned to them appear in the device list. They can then just double click the DVRs to connect and drag and drop them to the video boxes, or again you can setup DSS clients with tasks already setup for them, or they can download task and XML files preconfigured for them, there are lots of options.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=25886

With PSS, DSS or IE something has to be installed either way, so they have to be logged in as an Admin during the initial installation.

BTW word from Dahua is IE9 is not supported yet but they should have a new firmware next month which addresses that.

Hello there,

Do you have an updated location to download DMSS for blackberry? I have a BB9900 on T-Mobile with IOS7

thanks!

Blackberry

Blackberry DMSS 1.52 (10/01/11)

Blackberry DMSS 5.0 (27/01/11)

Blackberry DMSS 5.0 (13/05/11, for post April 2011 DVR firmware:)

Blackberry DMSS User Manual