sarky

Design an Outdoor CCTV system

Hi Guys

Right this is going to be fun in explaining.

The yard is actualy based in Africa which i am designing the system for, one of the main issues is going to be a 24h power source.

its a big yard from my calculation it needs about 25 Cameras, although it is going to be done in stages.

Im thinking based on the power issue is using IP-CCTV system with a DVR in a server room, looking at a method of using solar to power the cameras further away from central point and maybe have a Gen / Solar system powering the DVR / Close cameras.

the Cameras need to be good Night / Day some will need to have a zoom capability the ones monitoring a wider area.

What would you guys advice me on using as for hardware and maybe some solar tips ?

Thanks

Sarky

I would suggest using CMOS cameras since they use less power then CCD cameras.

But CCD cameras are usually better at displaying night time image.

Use ip cameras and pair them up with ip based wireless radio for wireless transmission. But you will need line of sight.

Also, illuminators are power hungry, so you might need a dedicated battery for them.

You can definitely design and deploy a solar based solution, what will make or break your project will be funding.

Thanks for the reply, If I was to ask on a money scale how much would you think this project would need?

I dont know if you have done it before if so you should know a unit deployed will cost X amount..

Cheers

Im thinking based on the power issue is using IP-CCTV system with a DVR in a server room, looking at a method of using solar to power the cameras further away from central point and maybe have a Gen / Solar system powering the DVR / Close cameras.
I dont know if you have done it before if so you should know a unit deployed will cost X amount..

giving a price for what you need is a bit hard on what you say you need.

ip and dvr is not a match. are you going to use standard cameras and ip. if so you will be looking for a hybrid. how many ip cameras. solar run still give you the problem of getting the data back to the NVR. also how far are you looking at the cameras being from DVR/NVR

Right let me give more details, There is a power source at the moment lets say between 7am - 5pm mon - saturday Sunday 7am - 12 pm

The NVR will be in the office and from what i can see the max distance will not exceed 150m and that is ofcourse direct line of sight, if i am going to use cables then obviously its going to be more than that.

Im thinking of only using IP cameras Need them to be good quality Day and Night, So Wireless is not a problem as long as the technology is good enough to give the qulaity i am looking for.

cheers

will not exceed 150m and that is ofcourse direct line of sight, if i am going to use cables then obviously its going to be more than that.

150m wireless with 25 ip. do you have power at each camera location ??? what is your budget going to be.

I dont have power source in that location hence thinking of a solar solution per cam.

Budget I am looking on about 20,000.00 Pounds I hope it is enough for what i need to do......

Budget I am looking on about 20,000.00 Pounds I hope it is enough for what i need to do......

what is it you will be protecting ??? 20k for 25 ip cameras and 25 solar and battery backup / and a methard to get the data back to the NVR for 25 cameras. is lower than trade price.

Well i am trying to protect a construction Yard as in have a full view of as much as possible of the Yard 24/7 to make sure things dont go walkies ... Budget was not studied just a figure i thought i would want to spend if that would get me infastructure and lets say 8 cameras to start with then maybe next phase add more cameras then i am fine with it.