mikeysoft

black CCTV housing in UK?

Does anyone know of a supplier in the UK selling black housings for body cameras? They all seem to be white (and the odd silver one).

Thanks

Sorry but I'm just trying to source a black housing for body camera I've selected.

we can get them wood effect/ carbon fiber effect / mirror effect. but if we need black ... then its just down to a spray can.

black2Bspray2Bpaint-1.jpg

Spraying has got to be your simplest option. With spray paint in aerosol cans its not as if you need to set up a spay facility.

If the appearance is of mega importance, you could take it to a car body shop and ask them to do a high quality finish.

If not, degrease it and hand paint with Hammerite paint which is almost bulletproof.

It's even available in spray cans now. I have used it on security fences, bollards and it would be my first choice if I were painting a housing.

direct_to_rust_metal_paint_smooth_finish-1.pngbarbecue_paint_aerosol-1.png

I think the cans are different in the US

Does anyone know of a supplier in the UK selling black housings for body cameras? They all seem to be white (and the odd silver one).

Thanks

MAD or Conway will do this for you.

Regards

Ilkie

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Unfortunately the suppliers/brands that have been suggested to me are only sold through trade retailers - I'm just a consumer so no trade account - the camera/housing is for my home.

I haven't yet seen a seller that supplies the retail market with Pelco,

it's just too high priced to compete with the abundance of cheap Chinese

offerings in the DIY marketplace such as ebay. Well, now he has the info we

can be sure he will make a suitable decision, others may also have this requirement

in the future, so the options are now out there for all to see.

PAINT, PELCO or PURCHASE from China...

UPDATE just after writing this post I saw a retailer selling, yes you guessed it Pelco.