sparaxin

Colossus DVR , iphone software problem

Hi,

I am trying to connect this old Colossus 4 channel DVR (by Adata) to network. So far I have been successful in remote viewing via pc on LAN and via internet, but have been struggling to set it up for iphone acess.

I tried Alien DVR for iphone, AND iVMS-4500 iphone clinet (hikvision) but on trying to connect, both give me a message

Fail: NET_DVR_Error:23 .

I have tried some other iphone DVR clients aswell but so far no success.

Can any one please suggest any solution, apart from binning this DVR unit and getting a newer one.

Many thanks

Would you have a picture of that "Colossus" DVR? It might be a 7204 DVR from Hikvision, so it should be working with iVMS4500.

Keep in mind that you need to connect to the data port, and not the web port!

Would you have a picture of that "Colossus" DVR? It might be a 7204 DVR from Hikvision, so it should be working with iVMS4500.

Keep in mind that you need to connect to the data port, and not the web port!

Hi

Thanks for your reply, I have attached a picture of the dvr,

could you excuse my limited knowledge on the topic and elaborate a bit more about "connect to the data port",

currently its connected by LAN/web port and is accessible by computers on local network.

what cable /device will i need to connect to data port and how will it then connect to LAN.

many thanks for your help and advice

sparaxin

dvr.thumb.jpg.3e13042ea323fbd90f9e23665743c38e.jpg

That is indeed a Hikvision, the old (discontinued) 70xx series. I have not touched them for a while, but I am quite sure that the iVMS4500 application should be working fine with them.

http://www.hikvision.com/En/products_show.asp?id=15

Hikvision uses two ports for data communication; I do not mean a "port" on the back of the DVR, but a network port. By default, port 80 is for web access, port 8000 is for data. So when you are connecting to the DVR from Internet Explorer, you connect to the web port, and when you connect from a client (Windows software, client for iPhone, Android, etc) you connect to the data port.

Check the following capture; those are the dafult values, httpPort:80 and Port:8000

08-1.gif

When you are using iVMS4500, you need to configure it with port 8000 (it will be 8000 already by default).

ss2-1.jpg

Keep in mind that on your internet router you will need to forward both ports (TCP/UDP) to your DVR network IP, I am sure that you have already done so with port 80 if you can connect to the DVR from internet.

Hi MindTwist

Thanks again for your reply,

I have already configured this in the same manner, same ports , 8000 and 80 for http, the IVMS 4500 always return the error " Realplay Fail:Net_DVR_ERROR:23"

yet ,it works fine via internet explorer and client pc based software,

. maybe its just too old to be compatible with iphone in some way :S, but any further advice will be highly appreciated.

thanks

Ok, I really can not tell you for sure if iVMS4500 is compatible with 70xx series, and I do not have any of these units any more around to try.

If Windows client (iVMS4000) works ok when connecting from internet to your DVR using the data port, but iVMS4500 is unable to do so, I would say that this model might not be compatible with iVMS4500 then, and you will not be able to do much more.

Hi MindTwist

Thanks again for your reply,

I have already configured this in the same manner, same ports , 8000 and 80 for http, the IVMS 4500 always return the error " Realplay Fail:Net_DVR_ERROR:23"

yet ,it works fine via internet explorer and client pc based software,

. maybe its just too old to be compatible with iphone in some way :S, but any further advice will be highly appreciated.

thanks

Hi you have the LJD colossus lite. the baby version of the hik colossus. very good little unit but never had mobile remote. only software view.

you could use a encoder that is compatable with iphone and use the TV out. you will need to use the pinch to zoom in and out on your phone for each camera but it does work well.

Thanks both of you for your help and suggestions, " title="Applause" /> I guess i will have to give up on this one, and probably get a new DVR when I can afford one.

regards

sparaxin

Thanks both of you for your help and suggestions, " title="Applause" /> I guess i will have to give up on this one, and probably get a new DVR when I can afford one.

regards

sparaxin

hi. for the same price as you would get for your colossus second /h you would get a dahua DVR (from the same company)

regards

sparaxin

hi. for the same price as you would get for your colossus second /h you would get a dahua DVR (from the same company)

Hi

Thanks for this very useful advice, i will try to put it on ebay, lets see if it works out

thanks again for the advice

regards

sparaxin