Sign in to follow this  
jordanb

videcon dvr, speed dome, and pir setup

Hi,

Is anyone familiar with the convept pro dvrs, vhs770 speed domes and pir sensors?

Basically We have 4 speed domes on each corner of a building, and 2 pirs for each speed dome, so that when a specific pir triggers, then the dome in that area spins to that area of activation.

I have ran all wires back from the sensors to the dvr, and also have spare cores on the cat5 cable that goes to the speed domes,

Is there anyone familiar with this type of setup and could give me a breif/advanced description on how to acheive my objective?

thanks.

Hi,

Is anyone familiar with the convept pro dvrs, vhs770 speed domes and pir sensors?

Basically We have 4 speed domes on each corner of a building, and 2 pirs for each speed dome, so that when a specific pir triggers, then the dome in that area spins to that area of activation.

I have ran all wires back from the sensors to the dvr, and also have spare cores on the cat5 cable that goes to the speed domes,

Is there anyone familiar with this type of setup and could give me a breif/advanced description on how to acheive my objective?

thanks.

D-770 has 4 alarm inputs at the head. much easier to setup. i would take your sensors back to the head. and setup though your controller.

Hi, thanks for the reply, all the cables were back o the dvr, so to save re-cabling I did it that way.

It was actually a lot easier than I thought, I was stuck with one not working for a while and after lots of metering cables and checking settings it turned out that it was faulty.

The next stage of the job I am not looking forward to, as it is being connected to a remote monitoring station and have absolutely no clue on what I am doing :s also got a loudspeaker and amplifier to fit so the operator can talk to site.