Sign in to follow this  
Fortuna PS

Head Count Camera

Hi

We have an opportunity to supply a new head count camera. Does anyone know if there is a market for this product?

Thanks

I would talk to London Underground and the FA clubs Wembley Stadium and and of course thee are many metro systems throughout the UK and Ireland where a headcount would be very useful. My first trip would be to see the Olympic organizers at the London Borough of Newham..

If you look for it there must a few really good uses for it.

I am not sure but I thought I saw analytic software at several stands at IFSEC, but don't let that put you off.

Hi

We have an opportunity to supply a new head count camera. Does anyone know if there is a market for this product?

Thanks

nothing new in head count cameras. (people counting) been around for many years. bosh was one of the first around 5-6 years ago. now you can get it on budget DVRs. also built in to IP cameras.

as far as the olympics. all cameras are done and inplace. the metro systems are also inplace (3 year plan) and are on a goverment frame work all back to one location.

To get an idea of your competition, we've used this IEE people counter with success:

http://www.iee.lu/products:public:people-counter

It's basically an aluminum housing with a few cameras, a fan, and a controller.

Malls, public buildings, stadiums, etc. always like to have an idea of how many people are coming and going. Anywhere you see a turnstile is an opportunity to sell a people counter.

It's been my experience the accuracy of people counters isn't the greatest. The selling points are convenience (you're not clogging up foot traffic with turn styles, even if they are optical turnstiles), and installation costs to retrofit. It's a camera in a ceiling tile as opposed to ripping out the floor and installing turnstiles.

It may be a niche market, but the customers are there if you find them...