mateck8888

NTSC out quality on IP Cameras

Does anyone know what kind of quality I can expect on an NTSC out that is mainly used for focusing a IP camera. I am looking at two IP PTZ cameras:

Panasonic WV-SW395 and

Vivotek SD-7313.

I want to be able to use the NTSC out to do livestreaming of a construction site, but also want to record the h.264 stream to make a time lapse video when it is all done. I know the intended use for the NTSC is just focus... but I want it to be somewhat decent in quality.

We're using the composite out on IQ-A11 domes on a couple sites to feed an LCD customer-awareness monitor, it look just fine... I think you can expect it to be VGA resolution in most cases.

Keep in mind that not all cameras will output composite at full framerate (the A11 only outputs at 15fps), or all the time - the IQ-511s, for example, output composite for only the first few minutes after power-up, then turn it off... and while it's active, the composite output displays a box in the center half of the view with a 100% crop and a "focus meter" specifically for focusing and aiming.

Thanks you for that heads up! I didn't even think about those restrictions... that could have been a mess. I'll check carefully before buying. I just tested a Vivotek cameras, and it looks like it puts out out 15fps, but that's OK for web streaming and time lapse.

Thanks again.

Matt