Bishop

24V AC in Coxial CCTV

Hey Guys,

I have a small PC based security system with 4 cameras that works great. One camera was hit by lightning and died.

My wife found a Panasonic WV-71 TV Camera on EBAY just as the auction was ending and bid on it and won the auction. Then she told me she bought a replacement camera that night.

The Panasonic WV-71 TV Camera is powered by 24 Volts AC powered through the BNC Coxial connection.

My PC based PC system cannot handle that.

It there a 24V AC coxial power adapter?

Or do I just need to put this camera back on EBAY to sell myself?

Thanks

There are two ways to feed picture + power through the same coaxial cable:

1. A special arrangements which carrier base band video (composite video) on top of the power going on the same cable, one example of this can be found at http://pdfserv.maxim-ic.com/arpdf/AppNotes/A0411.pdf

2. Camera generates RF signal (TV antenna signal). With high frequency antenna signals it is easy to separate the signal and power. Just feed the power to the cable through a small inductor (this coil can pass DC power but blocks RF). Then get the RF out through a small capacitor (this blocks DC power but passed RF through). The camera end has similar circuit inside, so it can get power through inductor and feed the RF to cable through capacitor.

It is not goig to work with your PC based system. Sell it on Ebay.

scottj[/url]