Hi there,

I'm looking for an easy way to configure IP camera's on site.

Right now i'm using a POE-injector and my laptop.

But recently i had a situation where there was no AC mains for my POE-injector, i had to adjust the lens of the camera by phone with a securityguard.

Some IP camera's don't have a analog video output so i can't use my test monitor to do the job (adjusting the lens).

What i'm looking for is a 3-port switch which is powered by the POE from the cable which comes from the POE-switch in the system used to power the camera.

This way i can connect the camera with it's own address to the POE switch and my laptop also with another IP address.

Does anyone know a switch like this?

Thanks,

I just plug a wireless router into the switch with the cameras, then use my netbook via WiFi to adjust all the cameras, no repeated plugging-and-unplugging required.

Thanks a lot people, i posted this topic just a few hours ago and now already you brought me the solution.

I looked at the various websites and there's even an portable POE-injector for sale, but i go for the OutreachQuad switch.

Thanks,

I just plug a wireless router into the switch with the cameras, then use my netbook via WiFi to adjust all the cameras, no repeated plugging-and-unplugging required.

If you did that at the company I do lots of work for, they would have people swarm that switch and tackle and detain you for plugging an unsupported, and rogue piece of equipment in to their network. What makes it really laughable is they don't have anything worth stealing. Just a staff of uber neurotic IT people trying to justify their existence.