foxguard

CCTV at a petrol station

Hi,

Have been asked to give a qoute for a local garage.

They are inthe dark ages and 'trust' the customer to tell them how much fuel they have put in there cars... IE it is not like the normal pumps where you walk in and they have it in front of them, you go there, fill up and then go inside and say how much you have put in...

Basically the company has finally realised that people LIE! and want CCTV covering the pump. They want a camera they can possibly see how much fuel they have used.

My question is this... 2 other companies that have qouted for the job have said they have contacted the petroleum board?

1 company said that the Petroleum board said you are not allowed cameras pointing at the pumps.... the other said it was fine.

Who is the board?

Why might they say no tohaving the camera pointing at the pump??

I am in the UK btw...

Any one help at all?

Thanks

2 other companies that have qouted for the job have said they have contacted the petroleum board?

1 company said that the Petroleum board said you are not allowed cameras pointing at the pumps.... the other said it was fine.

yes its fine to point a camera at a pump. we do alot of work for shell/BP and esso filling stations. we even have a petrol station in kent that sounds like the same setup as yours. only two pumps (very old around the 70s) so no data from pump back to cashier.

we used a CNB PTZ works very well controlled by the cashier. i camera covered two pumps.

i think the other companies are getting a bit confused. you can point or mount a camera anywere in a petrol station. except you can not attach them to a pump. (uk no external power can be added or connected to a petrol pump other than its own control equipment)

Thanks Tom, I couldn't see why I couldn't have a camera pointing at the pump. I also thought maybe they were thinking of attaching to the pump but I wouldn't do that.

Have you heard of the PB?

But thanks for your advice and help.

Thanks Tom, I couldn't see why I couldn't have a camera pointing at the pump. I also thought maybe they were thinking of attaching to the pump but I wouldn't do that.

Have you heard of the PB?

But thanks for your advice and help.

yes i have. but its mainly a contact if a new station is getting built or a old station having a total rebuild. electrical standards are controlled by PB. and CCTV systems are not covered. (low power)

plus it sounds like your petrol station is private owned. so you will have no problem.

just sounds like he has other quotes from idots.