jbaird

Replacement for CNB VBM-24VF?

what are the two settings, you are referring too, i guess you meant ESC and DC,

i looked at the manuals that came with my VCMs, but it doesn't explain what the two settings are or what they do...

i normally focus my VCMs, cameras, at dusk, just when the sun starts to set...

Cant recall if its EI or ELC on that camera but either way thats Electronic Iris, DC is the AUTO IRIS on the lens. So its under the Lens title in the top menu. Electronic Iris is where the camera digitally controls the amount of light coming in, DC is Auto Iris where the lens controls it.

Thats the best time to focus it, but just in case can still switch it to EI and focus it like that, or if you notice a slight blur with any of them then do it as 99% of the time I never had to do it, just came across 2 cameras where I had to.

The Auto Iris on those type of lenses (domes and bullets) are pretty flimsy so they dont always work great.

Gotta excuse me now, im outside in the sun adjusting the OSD on a $2000 EX30 camera, its like the sahara desert out there right now and bright is an understatement! got a black tee shirt over my head and the monitor .. heat stroke here we come

what are the two settings, you are referring too, i guess you meant ESC and DC,

i looked at the manuals that came with my VCMs, but it doesn't explain what the two settings are or what they do...

i normally focus my VCMs, cameras, at dusk, just when the sun starts to set...

Cant recall if its EI or ELC on that camera but either way thats Electronic Iris, DC is the AUTO IRIS on the lens. So its under the Lens title in the top menu. Electronic Iris is where the camera digitally controls the amount of light coming in, DC is Auto Iris where the lens controls it.

Thats the best time to focus it, but just in case can still switch it to EI and focus it like that, or if you notice a slight blur with any of them then do it as 99% of the time I never had to do it, just came across 2 cameras where I had to.

The Auto Iris on those type of lenses (domes and bullets) are pretty flimsy so they dont always work great.

Gotta excuse me now, im outside in the sun adjusting the OSD on a $2000 EX30 camera, its like the sahara desert out there right now and bright is an understatement! got a black tee shirt over my head and the monitor .. heat stroke here we come

thanks Rory,

i will have to try that...CNB calls that mode ESC, don't know what it stands for...

its pretty hot here in Jersey, i just came in from putting up another VCM...its like 90 degrees here, probably not as hot as were you are....

stay cool...

I ordered the Samsung SCO-2370. I liked the auto focus zoom feature of 3.5 ~ 129.5mm. I will let everyone know how it is when it arrives in a week or so (special order from ADI).

Bottom line is, Im done with cheap as its not worth it,

Me too, only I'm headed towards a different destination of MP IP.

Best,

Christopher

I just cant get away from cheap ... most of the people calling me are .. well .. cheap

Most are service calls though just to get whats there up and running.

Im still trying though ... but for now whatever pays the bills.

Making more money just from DVR and other PC related work now.

Rory you ought to check out cameras with the Effio E or P chip. Maybe test one from Sean. These are great for budget installs. Like literally sub-$130 per camera, with decent WDR & good low-light response, good BLC & eclipse/HLC features.