Sign in to follow this  
Trebuchet

Has anybody tried this camera from Henry's CCTV - 8904W

Now I've got myself DVR'd I'm looking at IP cameras. Has anyone got an opinion on this one, once again I've gone for a cheap option, and await the derisive laughter of everyone

It's the 8904W, an external, wireless IP camera...

Thanks

Now I've got myself DVR'd I'm looking at IP cameras. Has anyone got an opinion on this one, once again I've gone for a cheap option, and await the derisive laughter of everyone

Thanks

good company with good prices. BUT why buy a new DVR and look at a wifi camera. its I.E based.

Thanks

good company with good prices. BUT why buy a new DVR and look at a wifi camera. its I.E based.

Sorry, you've lost me a bit here. I've got a couple of software DVRs running, Zoneminder and Vitamin D, and need a camera to work with either or both of these (I haven't decided which one to go for yet). When you say it's IE based, does this mean it requires Internet Explorer to work or am I missing out on a bit of jargon?

Cheers

I've got a couple of software DVRs running, Zoneminder and Vitamin D

hi should be a couple of PCs running Zoneminder and Vitamin D.

the camera you have listed has its on software. just be aware it may not work with zoneminder you may have more look with vitimin d as it takes webcams.

your first post was for a maplins box kit. which are bad. but you seem to be going the same root with wifi.

all you will have is a 10M range. with the camera you listed. you will have lots of problems. with other wifi products in your street

for a 4 camera system you are 100% best going wired.

I wouldn't recommend wifi IP cameras. I've had so many problems with wifi cameras in the past. always best to stick with cable in my opinion.