caeltemoi

Wanted: suggestions on security camera

At present I have a "lorex" system with supposed night ability, however, it is too vague to tell identity of faces and such. I am looking for a system that offers very clear night images. Can anyone make any suggestions? (live in canada). Thanks!

Where in Canada are you?

How much are you willing to spend?

How much are you REALLY willing to spend??

What range are you trying to identify faces from?

I don't know how exactly to define "really clear" night images, but i've had good luck with Bosch 498's or 495 true day nights.. but im not even useing extra IR illumintaion, just basically street lighting...

They however are not bargain basement cams... but the results are impressive..

Soundy asked all the right questions.

If you live near him have him set you up!

With nightvision, you can use either IR (humans can't see it), or just white visible light. Normal white light provides a better image, but is not very covert! IR works, but it more 'washed-out', and a strong IR light will make things too bright (say when a person walks within 10 feet of the camera).

#1 thing is getting a TDN camera, so you get the best picture day & night. Don't use cameras with built-in IR, use separate illuminators.

i have to agree with Birdman, use separate IR, i myself am new to this whole CCTV thing, i started out with one of those ebay packages, i learned real fast, they are junk, now i have been replacing all the cameras, for me, i got hooked on the CNB line, specifically the VCM-24VFs and i am using the IR MIR 1000 illuminator, i tell you its not even needed, due to the specs of the VCM-24Vfs, its a True Day and Night camera...

but you are at the right place for advice, listen to Rory, Soundy or Birdman, (not in any preferred order), they know their stuff...

it was their views of the CNB VCM-24VF that made the decision for me...

i would give that camera a try, you will be impressed...

i have to agree with Birdman, use separate IR, i myself am new to this whole CCTV thing, i started out with one of those ebay packages, i learned real fast, they are junk, now i have been replacing all the cameras, for me, i got hooked on the CNB line, specifically the VCM-24VFs and i am using the IR MIR 1000 illuminator, i tell you its not even needed, due to the specs of the VCM-24Vfs, its a True Day and Night camera...

but you are at the right place for advice, listen to Rory, Soundy or Birdman, (not in any preferred order), they know their stuff...

Is the VCM-24VF for outdoor only? Would it be good for a 15ft ceiling? If not, what would you recommend? I need something that will work with Geovision GV800. Thank you very much

Is the VCM-24VF for outdoor only? Would it be good for a 15ft ceiling? If not, what would you recommend? I need something that will work with Geovision GV800. Thank you very much

well it is a outdoor camera, but can be used indoors, but it would be overkill for indoors, it does have the ability to zoom in to adjust picture, so i can't see why it wouldn't work on the ceiling...

You can just use DBM-24VF same specs but for indoor use