fdan4817

Enclosure for bullet camera?

What type of enclosure would you recommend for bullet cameras mounted on the side of a building?

Keep in mind in your suggestions that we are only spending about $125 for the bullet cameras themselves.

Hmmmm.....does lack of respons mean everyone is laughing their heads of because this was somehow a bad question?

I know it has been less than 24 hours, but this forum is usually so quick to respond it gets you spoiled to expect the unexpectable.

If its weather resistant, why would you need an enclosure?

Otherwise you can purchase a vandal dome one time ... just as cheap ..

Because my boss told me to check on it. I had the same basic answer for him, but he still wanted to me to see what the options were.

Any regular housing would work. We have used the Smaller Pelco Vandal Housings in the past, as you dont need the regular sized ones.

Thanks. I was also instructed not to use the housings with infrared cameras because the IR would reflect off the glass. Is this correct?

Thats correct, same problem you will find with domes that have built in IR. WizKId is coming out with a dome that has the IR in a seperate part of the dome, should be neat, not ugly like the Provideo version of that .. thats why the IR products I sell are only always seperate from the camera, or in a seperate window from the camera window.

Rory

You can now get camera housings with built in I.R. you could put your bullet in one of these.

What we tend to do (if your boss wants the big camera as a deterent) is put up a dummy in a housing & try to conceal the bullet to cover the area required & normally it will catch anyone who attacks the dummy.