Anyone successfully mate Exacq 4.5 with Arecont 8185DN fw 65166? Exacq says support with FW65165 but the (4) 8185DN's I just received all came with 65166.

Exacq just sits there trying to connect but never establishes a connection with the camera. I can access the cam web configurator from the same Exacq system so that part work but no go with an exacq connection.

Hmm. I've got 3 AV8185DN's hooked up to my server running ExacqVision VMS (Start). I'll have to check the firmware version, but the cameras less than 8 weeks old.

When I started Exacq the first time, it immediately recognized and connected the 8185s.

The only issue I've had is the slow reconnect time that's been discussed elsewhere. Even that's only been an issue if I make changes to the camera settings using something other than Exacq (e.g. the AV100 software or the camera's built-in web interface).

To confirm: My 8185DN's are all running 65166 firmware.

Thanks for your reply.

I was finally able to get mine working. Can't recall how but it's working now. I find it does disconnect when trying to make fine adjustments through the exacq software.

If you don't mind me asking, how are you like the Arecont 8185DN and Exacq combo? I have the same cams and right now demoing several nvr software.

Thanks kindly,

s-one

Exacq and Arecont are the number one worst integrations ever, I have 63 exacq installs with 47 Arecont cameras - (27) 8185's and (16) 8365 installed across various facilities. Exacq is unable to keep the connection to the cameras, the cameras seem to be running vie web HTTP interface when viewed.

As if this writing Nov 20-2011 there is nothing that can be done, if you made the purchase of the cameras and software, you are pretty much stuck.!

I would not recommend exacq and arecont if my life depended on it.

Peace All,

F6

F6 ...... Couple of questions. Have you attended either Exacq and Arecont certification classes? Also have you had issues with other IP cameras and Exacq.... ACTI, SANYO, AXIS VIVOTEK?

I have done multiple installs with exacq and arecont and had very few issues and the issues that I had were solved very fast.

I would have to ask if you have taken the Ecacq Classes?

Exacq and Arecont are the number one worst integrations ever, I have 63 exacq installs with 47 Arecont cameras - (27) 8185's and (16) 8365 installed across various facilities. Exacq is unable to keep the connection to the cameras, the cameras seem to be running vie web HTTP interface when viewed.

As if this writing Nov 20-2011 there is nothing that can be done, if you made the purchase of the cameras and software, you are pretty much stuck.!

I would not recommend exacq and arecont if my life depended on it.

Peace All,

F6

Why does one have to take a class to connect an IP camera to a VMS software? Don't you think cameras should connect immediately and reliably to VMSes that support for said cameras?

Why does one have to take a class to connect an IP camera to a VMS software? Don't you think cameras should connect immediately and reliably to VMSes that support for said cameras?

I was asking if he attended class just to get a level of his knowledge.

Yes cameras should connect "immediately and reliably"