Sign in to follow this  
larrymilla

Designing a Surveillance System for 2 Staiton - 2km Apart

Hi Techies,

Please I need help in designing a CCTV systems that need to connect 2 different locations together in an urban area; the 2 locations will need 4 cameras each and the cameras from each site must be viewable from both ends.

In my design so far, I recommend 120 feet mast at one end to create a point-to-point wireless connection to link these two sites together and 2 4ch network enabled DVRs (Avermedia) since both are residential though one is used for office and other home.

Please what do you suggest?

Hi Techies,

Please I need help in designing a CCTV systems that need to connect 2 different locations together in an urban area; the 2 locations will need 4 cameras each and the cameras from each site must be viewable from both ends.

In my design so far, I recommend 120 feet mast at one end to create a point-to-point wireless connection to link these two sites together and 2 4ch network enabled DVRs (Avermedia) since both are residential though one is used for office and other home.

Please what do you suggest?

hi. do you have internet at both sites ?? if you are going to use the avermedia then you would be better using 2 8 way dvrs. that way you would not need another pc at each site to view all images.

with the aver eh1008 nano you can have 4 cameras and 4 cameras from another site on the same system. so both sites will be recording all 8 cameras.

hi. do you have internet at both sites ?? if you are going to use the avermedia then you would be better using 2 8 way dvrs. that way you would not need another pc at each site to view all images.

with the aver eh1008 nano you can have 4 cameras and 4 cameras from another site on the same system. so both sites will be recording all 8 cameras.

Thanks for your prompt response. Please what do you mean by 2 8 way dvrs?

I'm planning to use EBNet 1304 dvrs, then connect it together via wireless radios with mast installed at one end to have a good line-of-sight. Then he'll access the home dvr via his office pc or laptop and office dvr via his laptop.

What do u all think?

Your kind advice will be appreciated.

162644_182288835132482_182287695132596_550135_3556809_n.jpg.e7e100710bd5389f64ecef232e7c3b75.jpg

I'm planning to use EBNet 1304 dvrs

this dvr has not been made for the past 18 months. you need to look at the eb 3004 net and install CMS3000 on his pc/laptop.

does he not have internet at both sites ??

this dvr has not been made for the past 18 months. you need to look at the eb 3004 net and install CMS3000 on his pc/laptop.

does he not have internet at both sites ??

Ah! I'm having them in stock, I bought about 5 pcs recently from Aver hqtrs in Taiwan. That is why I'm considering them.

Internet connection over here is very expensive, although I have it as my 2nd option in case the client can't afford the 1st option of mast/wireless.