CHoffman

Setting up Vivotek FD8161 like a trail camera...SD card

I have a Vivotek FD8161 here in my shop, Ive been tinkering with it. I have a customer who has a large retirement home. I already have a system there, the network is severely outdated and needless to say they want to add some sort of surveillance in some remote hallways. They dont have the budget to upgrade there network, or have the added cost of wiring....etc.

I am trying to utilize a camera similar to the FD8161, and utilize the onboard storage. I have it set up for motion, and have it taking 3 snapshots before the motion and 3 snapshots after.... The problem I am running into is that it is doing this periodic recording every minute....that I havent set it for.....and its eating up the SD card space.

Anybody have any advice on this, I cannot find anyway to "turn off" the periodic recording..

Basically I wanna use this unit as a glorified "trial camera"...

THX

Review the trigger type selections in the event settings. Make sure it's only set for motion. If that's correct, monitor the motion detection settings and see if anything is continuously triggering the motion threshhold (i.e. image noise, flickering light, etc.). Then adjust the motion zone dimensions, zone sensitivity, and zone %.