G22

Fujinon Lens

The local store I normally get Panasonic stuff from did not have the lens I wanted in stock. It is older and perhaps being discontinued. It is a WV-LZA61/2 and the same one we use at work.

Instead, they brought me out this itty bitty little Fujinon lens and said it was just as good or better. It is a 2.9-8. Are they actually decent? Will it perform the same if not better than the much larger 3.8-8 LZA61/2? The camera it will be used on is a WV-CP474. I was considering using it at work with our other 474, but most likely will use it at home instead. It would be at the rear of the house in the top corner facing the hopefully soon to be garage.

On the box, it says...

YV2.7x2.9LA-SA2L

1:0.95/2.9mm-8mm

I just connected everything temporarily and unless I am doing something wrong... the edges of the screen are curved inwards. Any ideas? Thx.

Any other Fujinon lens recommendations? There is very low lighting in the back yard, until a motion light or two is installed. Back yard is small (garage will take up almost 1/2 of it). Thx.

What bout this Day/Night one...

Fujinon YV5X2.7R4B-SA2L 2.7-13.5mm Auto Iris Vari-Focal Length Lens

i have the SA2L. yes it does have a slight curve when you max (2.9) it out. low is is great.......i'm using a 15-cc35nv-1. I just adjust it until the curves disappear and then set it there. all 2.9 and vari's have that issue. as long as it does not blurr i'm ok with it.

Thx. The one I have looks like this one but with SA2L at the end.

I wonder if this day/night one would be better though for my Panasonic WV-CP474? I wanted the WV-CP484 but got a good deal on this one.

I guess I could prob do w/o a vari one. I will look at some from that site. Thx

With with this Panasonic WV-CP474 cam and Fujinon lens (very 1st one listed at the cctvimports site)... am I supposed to use the alum ring that came with the cam? I believe it is a CS-Mount? The lens threads into the alum mount and the mount into the cam. But what is its actual function though other than the lens being further away from the CCD thingy?

cs mount provides that distance required for the CCD thingy so that the lense can be focused.....that's all. if the camera is a cs mount type then yes you use that cs ring.

Just to clarify, the 5mm spacer ring is only used on 'C' mount lenses, when they are fitted onto 'CS' mount cameras.

If you are using a CS mount lens on a CS mount camera, then you won't need the ring.

Those 2 varifocals you mentioned G22, the Fujinon is a 1/3" format, and I'm guessing the much larger 3.8 - 8mm may possible be a 1/2", in which case it would probably work better (optically) on your 1/3" camera.

I agree with VST_Man that if you don't need a varifocal, you would be better off with a fixed focal length lens.