andyh747

Recommendation for Video Door Entry System

Hi All,

I'm looking to install a video door entry system in a new build. I want a camera and call panel at the front door which can be integrated into a whole house video system. An IP based system would be ideal.

I've had a look at the Mobotix T24 system which looks good and is IP based which allows answering via any IP enabled phone station.

I also want something which is expandable in future to allow control of gates with another video module.

Any recommendations much appreciated.

I did look at those but a lot of people seem to think they're difficult to program and the company support is poor. However I'll go back and look again.

Aiphone's IP stuff is easy to use, easy to install, usually pretty cheap.

Their other stuff is a wiring nightmare and makes me cringe. Upsides are it's cheap, solid, their website has all the information you need, and I've personally never had any problems with their technical support.

Thanks for all the replies. I've also looked at Fermax new offering called Skyline. It's not IP based but works over CAT5. Reasonable priced for a door station and internal monitor.

The AIPhone also looks good. However it doesn't appear to be MAC compatible and I doubt there are any plans to make it so.

Ideally it would be good to be able to use an iPhone/iPad as a monitor. The Mobotix T24 has promised this feature but it's not available as yet.

It's not IP based unfortunately and that's what I want.

I looked at AiPhone but you can't have more than one monitor with their IP system so non starter. It also won't work on anything but a PC running windows. Again a non starter for me.

Have ordered the Mobotix T24S so fingers crossed it works as promised in their literature.

Hi all,

Sorry for the delay in updating you on my install.

I successfully installed the Mobotix T24 video door station and have had it running for several months now. Have to say it is very impressive and the features on board are excellent. Installation was reasonably straightforward and the kit is well constructed and put together. Programming the system is a little more complex with the built-in web interface not being the most user friendly. However there is every option you could wish for and they have recently updated the firmware providing additional features. At present I'm using it in conjunction with a Grandstream IP phone and it works very well. Video is clear and sound excellent. One of the new features is a builtin message centre allowing visitors to leave a voice message on the system if you're not there. You can also customise the message played if you're not there and have still images emailed to you.

My only niggle is the lack of development of an iPhone app despite promises from the company to produce one. I think they ran into severe technical issues they have been unable to resolve. However the system will work with the iPhone using an app called Vippie but it requires a bit of setup to get it working successfully.

Overall I'd highly recommend it as it's so flexible in terms of installation and features. Only requires one CAT5/6 cable for the main camera unit. If the property is networked makes integration very simple.

Hope the above is useful to someone.

Nowadays security is an essential concern for everyone. It's because of due to the ongoing theft and robberies took place. So for our own home security, it is becoming important to fix the video door system. If you need solution for your video door system you can contact with Enkay video door phone system services.