m82s

Mac editing, no dvr, 4 cameras and independant monitors

Hi all, newbie here with a few questions if you wouldnt mind please. Any help is massively appreciated and i thank you in advance!

Basically a need to install:

2 PTZ

2 dome cameras

a mac with final cut pro for editing and recording via hard drive (internal and/or external)

A seperate monitor/tv for each camera within a few meters of mac

Please can you spec me some materials.

An installation has existed but is fairly poor and requires putting right with some additions.

As it stands, cable runs are approx 40 meters tops

I need to split video feed into mac and a seperate monitor/tv without loss. BNC monitors are costly. Will small LCD tv's produce less quality?

The video has to be split for each camera and connect to a tv or monitor and the mac at same time.

Existing canopus units existed but seem a little grainy? Maybe its due to poor interconnects and small cable connections between mac and the one existing monitor?

A canopus unit could be purchased for each camera to convert to firewire and a hub used to connect all four to mac or is this bad? Each canopus has dip switches unless you know of better at roughly same cost or less?

I have read that cameras need 75ohm connections. I take it RCA/phono is not as good? what about the scart adapters? BNC to scart? Or rf modulator?

Need to weigh up the end quality as a monitor, opposed to a tv and and modulator will be about the same unless RCA or scart adapters are used.

Please feel free to ask if i have missed anything and ill do my best.

This is for a large ongoing international client and it has to be a good quality install within reason.

Kind regards,

Martin