princ02

Intellex dv16000 NO live video..

Hello. I have a DV16000 with no live video.

Due to a psu failure it was nessesary to recover it with the original discs. It records ok but no live video to the vga monitor. Live video can be found on one of the bnc connectors direct on the pc.

When i run device manager the Trimedia video card as a yellow question mark by it. Looking into the driver setup the system reports that a driver is installed and working ok. ( no conficts )

I have attempted to install drivers from c:winnt/sys32... but no matches there. Tried a driver upgrade from AD but no changes in the driver files.

When the system boots up there is a second or two of live video, then recorded video only is avaliable on the vga monitor. Disconnected composite video feed from bnc socket and rebooted,, no change. Main video card ia a ATI Radion 7000, original fit. Drivers ok on this card. Installed with ati disc not AD disc after recovery.

Software ver: 3.0.15...sp1

Display settings. , Playback to monitor ( yes ).

I'm in a jam with this one, lost the plot now. Very many thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Best Regards to you all..

Hello. I have a DV16000 with no live video.

Due to a psu failure it was nessesary to recover it with the original discs. It records ok but no live video to the vga monitor. Live video can be found on one of the bnc connectors direct on the pc.

When i run device manager the Trimedia video card as a yellow question mark by it. Looking into the driver setup the system reports that a driver is installed and working ok. ( no conficts )

I have attempted to install drivers from c:winnt/sys32... but no matches there. Tried a driver upgrade from AD but no changes in the driver files.

When the system boots up there is a second or two of live video, then recorded video only is avaliable on the vga monitor. Disconnected composite video feed from bnc socket and rebooted,, no change. Main video card ia a ATI Radion 7000, original fit. Drivers ok on this card. Installed with ati disc not AD disc after recovery.

Software ver: 3.0.15...sp1

Display settings. , Playback to monitor ( yes ).

I'm in a jam with this one, lost the plot now. Very many thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Best Regards to you all..

You have Intellex version 3.0 running on Windows 2000... If I am reading your comments correctly, you have a problem with vga video card. Change it with another one and make sure you provide the system with correct video driver. The video card does not have to be another ATI model of the same, rather you can use a different one if you have another one..Did you assign your storage partition correctly?

BNC socket you are referring to... is it the spot out video or just looping output?? If you are seeing video from anyone of these BNC ports, that is an indication that your system may be working, but the display vga monitor is where you have to observe everything.

If you were able to see the device manager, how did you manage to view it???

Get us some more info and we will be able to figure it out...

Hi, Thanks for your swift responce. You are right the system is running win2000 with intellex ver 3. The BNC connector provides a composite video signal of the live display to an optional live monitor. This works ok on all modes but is not normaly used when the vga monitor is working properly.

The spot output is not used.

When the unit boots, if i move the mouse around the bottom left of the screen, the start menu shows for a short while to enable me to call up the control panel.

The ati drivers are installed ok. I can see recorded video on the vga monitor, just no live video.

The storage partition apears to be working as i can see recorded video. I will check the settings.

I am running in admin so i expect to see all functions, ok.

I wondered if other intellex's show a yellow ? for the video digitizer but work ok. ??

I will change the vga card and let you know what the effect is as soon a posible.

Many thanks for your help.

Regards, Merv.

Hi, Thanks for your swift responce. You are right the system is running win2000 with intellex ver 3. The BNC connector provides a composite video signal of the live display to an optional live monitor. This works ok on all modes but is not normaly used when the vga monitor is working properly.

The spot output is not used.

When the unit boots, if i move the mouse around the bottom left of the screen, the start menu shows for a short while to enable me to call up the control panel.

Did you try to change the monitor or its vga cable? If so, then change the video card - any PCI-e video card will do... just make sure you give the system the correct driver.

The ati drivers are installed ok. I can see recorded video on the vga monitor, just no live video.

The storage partition apears to be working as i can see recorded video. I will check the settings.

You can check the storage availability through Intellex "storage" section... and compare what Intellex reads vs. what you actually provided.

I am running in admin so i expect to see all functions, ok.

I wondered if other intellex's show a yellow ? for the video digitizer but work ok. ??

I will change the vga card and let you know what the effect is as soon a posible.

What you see in "yellow" is for the capture card.., so do not worry about it... If the driver was wrong or the capture card was bad, the system will constantly restart.

Many thanks for your help.

Regards, Merv.

Hi, Thanks for the info. Will change to card today and let you know the outcome.

Many thanks again. Merv.

I had a similar problem once, and the problem was tracked to faulty VACD card. If you can see recorded video, or windows desktop normally, there is nothing wrong with your VGA card. VACD card is responsible for preparation of live feed to VGA card ( first VACD card processes input video signals and compresses them for storage, and AFTER that another decoder on the same card decodes that video and sends it to AGP bus for real time feed). As this decoder is not essential for other functions of the card, I guess it's diagnostics state isn't included as a watchdog trigger input on VACD microcontroller so it doesn't causes system to restart.

You are correct on your assessment... however, the other member does not have extra VACD card available for quick test.

It is possible that VACD card could cause this, but if so, it also should show other problems as well...

Lets see how the replacement of the video card goes and we can take the next step...

Yes, I agree with you that we should try to help him starting with the least expensive tests. But, if the problem is with the VACD, it should be resoldered with hot air, because this cards can get quite hot and thiny solder traces can get de-soldered as a result. If this doesn't help, I could help him with some advices about repair, but it will depend on his knowledge about electronics.

Hello again. I have changed the video card today for another ATI card with a bit more momory on it.

YES,, it all works 100%.

I was worried that the VACD card was damaged when the PSU failed. I had not considered the vga card as the system reported it was ok. Good advice from you as its the cheapest way to eliminate it from the system before looking into the VACD card.

Drivers went in automaticaly from windows ok. No disc's required.

Its been a long time since i used solder paste and a pyro pen to change surface mount chips and repair dry joints. Thanks to your help i have been spared the eye strain..

Thank you for enthusiasm and sound advice with this problem which is now cured.. I hope i can help others on this forum too.

Very Best Regards, Merv.