Sign in to follow this  
Megapixelman

Exacq and Mobotix

Hi,

Does anyone know if Exacq will Intergrate with Mobotix in the near future.. We have a few jobs with 50-100 cameras and Milestone software but we are looking to upgrade and use Exacq. I don't think the customer is willing to change cameras though

Let meknow if anyone knows

Cheers

MM

Hi,

I have no issues with Milestone but the client has Exacq on another site and likes it and wants to migrate to it for a change... I guess the security manager has to justify his position amd the company needs top write off some tax money..

Either way keeps me busy.

Exacq seems pretty clean software and easy to use as well... Anyone have any bad feedback?

Exacq seems pretty clean software and easy to use as well... Anyone have any bad feedback?

I have a few -- but I knew about some of them going in.

Search is slow. And Smart Search -- you cant use it until the "Search" is done loading/buffering. It's kind of a bummer to have to wait for a minute or two every time you click the search button. For a home-user like myself, its not that big of a deal because I don't search very often. But, in a corporate or Loss Prevention type setting, I could see it really annoying staff.

The server software upgrade isnt as easy as it should be, but it's still not hard at all. Just another area that could use improvement.

I can't get the exacqReplay to work anywhere except my home computer. For example, I have the client software installed on a computer at work, and when i try to do an exacqReplay, i get an error that says "cant open file c:\[blah_blah_blah] - specified file not found". Not sure if this is a bug, or if its not supposed to work outside of the network that the server is on, but its annoying. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the client software with no luck.

I wish you could "password protect" the software. For example, often times other people use my computer 'real quick' at work for looking stuff up, or remoting into client sites. I am always worried that when I walk away, they could easily open up exacqvision and check out my cameras without me knowing. Creating another account on this computer for guests is not an option, and its a headache to keep deleting the server IP out of the exacq list of servers in the settings, and then re-adding it back. My old client software would just ask for a username and pw upon trying to open the software. I liked that.

They dont support mobotix, and dont 'officially' support Avigilon yet

Fees each year to keep the software current.

I wish you could choose a start AND an end time for searching video, and not have it round to the nearest 30 minute mark or whatever it does. If i want to search only from 1:13pm -1:18pm, it automatically defaults to searching/listing video in a 2-hour block from 1pm-3pm. You can zoom in on the timeline to narrow down the search block, but still not as smooth as it could be. And darnit, let me start my search from 1:13pm, not 1pm!

If I record my Vivotek cam using h.264, i cannot export recorded video in .avi or any other format for some reason, so I just have to use up a ton more disk space for no reason by choosing JPEG. This also chokes my streaming video in the client more than if I were using h.264, but oh well, I have no choice... I want to be able to export recorded video if I need to, so I guess I will continue to use JPEG

I could probably think of a few more minor things, but nothing MAJOR that would stop me from using it for my application.

That said, it is *still* one of my favorite VMS's (not that I have tons of experience with a wide array of VMS software, but I still like it).

Hi,

Great feeback as it is always good to be hear peoples thoughts good and bad.... I do agree with it lacking in some areas but I do have to say it is very easy to use.

One thing I guess with Exacq is they are will to support the product and look at road mapping features like you mentioned for later versions...

I have had not had problems with ExacqRecall as yet so maybe the bug is fixed.. Also the client software would be good to have a password.

Thanks again for your feedback... I do like the On Edge Processing... Nicely Done Exacq

I wish you could "password protect" the software. For example, often times other people use my computer 'real quick' at work for looking stuff up, or remoting into client sites. I am always worried that when I walk away, they could easily open up exacqvision and check out my cameras without me knowing. Creating another account on this computer for guests is not an option, and its a headache to keep deleting the server IP out of the exacq list of servers in the settings, and then re-adding it back. My old client software would just ask for a username and pw upon trying to open the software. I liked that.

I wish you could choose a start AND an end time for searching video, and not have it round to the nearest 30 minute mark or whatever it does. If i want to search only from 1:13pm -1:18pm, it automatically defaults to searching/listing video in a 2-hour block from 1pm-3pm. You can zoom in on the timeline to narrow down the search block, but still not as smooth as it could be. And darnit, let me start my search from 1:13pm, not 1pm!

Looks like somebody at exacq is listening, or either that, they had the same ideas.

Exacq 4.7 knocks those two things off the checklist. Thank you, exacq!

I can't get the exacqReplay to work anywhere except my home computer. For example, I have the client software installed on a computer at work, and when i try to do an exacqReplay, i get an error that says "cant open file c:\[blah_blah_blah] - specified file not found". Not sure if this is a bug, or if its not supposed to work outside of the network that the server is on, but its annoying. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the client software with no luck.

hi! i met the same problem, did you figure out any solution? if you do, really appreciate for your sharing!

hi! i met the same problem, did you figure out any solution? if you do, really appreciate for your sharing!

No, I havent figured that out yet. But, to be honest, I rarely use that feature anyways. To be more honest, I dont use the client all that much either unless I'm at home. When I'm away from home, I'm almost exclusively using the iOS app on my iPhone, which is why I haven't dug any deeper into that issue, and really don't care all that much Shoot, for all I know, it could've been fixed in an update over the last few months -- I just haven't checked.