eyecu

eclipse dome

they are cheap, cheap image quality also. they are as good as any other OEM cheap cameras in their price range though ...

Does anyone have or could posibly make a list for us that are new in the business, of cameras or manufactures that one should stay away from. It gets to be rather confusing at times. Maybe this is out of line,but would be a great help.

didnt say stay away, just so you know they are cheap products. with cheap products generally come a cheap image. if we posted a list like that, there wouldnt be many manufacturers or OEMs left to recommend .. they dont make all great products .. that goes for the big brands also.

best would be to post a specific model and see if anyone has used it.

mace, eclipse, cop, all in the same league, and there are many others.

rory.

The key is to get the right products from the right manufacturer for the specific situation.

Different manuf's are better for different products from a price and quality standpoint. One may focus on ptz's while another may focus on bullets or domes.

This forum is great to get recommendations on cameras and dvrs from experienced dealers like Rory who can give you advise based on experience as opposed to spec sheets.

We generally like to distribute for manufacturers that have a 2 if not 3 year warranties on their cams and a presence in the US. Manuf with longer warranties usually make (or OEM) better products. The presence in the US usually makes for better RMA handling.

Depending on the customer and their budget, it is often nice to go with a compromise between economical and good quality solution i.e. everfocus, nuvico, lilin. If the customer plans on changing their system in 3 years (technology changes quick), why spend more?

On the other hand, although Sony, Bosch, Panas, Ge, etc. may cost more initially, they will last much longer than the cheaper stuff and are recommended for higher end situations.

Sometimes saving initial $$$ on a camera is not worth the cost in RMA time, and reinstallation over time.

Sal

http://www.digitalwatchguard.com

maybe a cheaper Walmart brand, but if you noticed, a lot of people spend money at Walmart! I use the eclipse in certain situations and they work pretty good. None of which have gone bad yet. I've gotten more problems/returns from the big dollar camera's. Sometimes KISS is better.

Im a sucker for a quality image, and eclipse can't do that for me. ... regardless of the following info.

I dont buy them anymoe for certain reasons, the image is worthless, their dist in miami speaks very little english, warranty is basically non existant, and simply the product is the kind of rubbish which I dont sell anymore.

Maybe when they were giving my boi the same camera for $45 that I had to pay $65 for, they could have remembered who turned my boi onto them!

Also, another OEM, Provideo claimed their CVC-637EX was a day night (even said it on the darn box), and i got screwed on 20+ of those cameras which were only good for daytime, same kind of crap, if you tell me BS and lie to me ill never ever ever use your product again.

why spend more ? You get a superior product most of the time.

If you want cheap products then I cant help yah, there really is no money in it for me if i sell you a $100 camera, and to be honest im in the business for fun, but also for money! Tried the cheapo way and made no money worth talking about ,,, so now I only sell the Mid End WiZkid and high end Extreme CCTV Products.

Food for thought, in CCTV you get what you pay for.

rory

Rory, I agree. Im a sucker for a quality image also. That is why I ask these questions. I take your opinion seriously. I was very hesitant on this brand of camera. I do not want to give my customer a bad product. I am new to this business and there are to many damn products to choose from.

Well an OEM product is an OEM product, no matter who you buy it from, that goes for neverfocus also.

I just got tired off all the crap and now sell only Extreme CCTV (and WizKid) cameras. I sell the GE PTZ and Hidden cameras also.

Some people may say, whoa, that stuff is $$, sure it is, but clients are paying for it . .. the work is coming in, just got a whole airport darnit )))

Rory

Edited by Guest

Are the Extreme CCTV products $$ if so is there any products you trust for the customers on a lower buget?

Extreme also is part of WizKid, a more mid range product, with a 5 year unbreakable warranty. Other than that I dont go any lower anymore.

Other than that Id look at using the Ganz cameras.

Rory

Edited by Guest

my .02 worth. when i get called into to do a quote i always ask if they have anyother quotes i can "beat". almost all the time they have one and i work right off of the other quote. i then provide comparissons of the other to mine. i provide a good explaination of thier 380tvl to mine. in all cases i can lay it out so the customer makes the choices. for example. i just won a quote where the other was quoting a 380tvl highres dome at 365 each. i offered a 480tvl higres for 150 each. when you are talking 16 camera's you can save the customer a lot of money real quick and makes you look good. But, if the situation calls for a 400 dollar camera i tell them like it is and they usually like my opinion. i won't offer a 400 dollar camera for a lobby seating area but i will offer it up for the employee parking lot, cash resisters, entrance doorways, ect.

in other words, i use every "trick" in the book to beat my competition and provide the customer with a great commonsense system. if you go in and try to sell a system to make as much as you can you'll get beat out by ME!!!!

eclipse to date has been good to me. returns have been an issue ecause of the "back order" game, but, i stock camera's anyway so this does not hurt me. quality? eclipse is NOT the best and they are not the worst. the camera's i buy from them are all middle of the road, low light, high res, ect. and i apply them as required. it may not be the "best" but i can provide the customer with a decent picture for the money spent.

and let's not forget to mention that a GREAT video system well designed from end to end is what counts. no matter how great of camera's you have if....you use cheap cable, cheap DVR's, cheap software, cheap power supplies, cheap baluns, cheap moniotrs, cheap support........you get a cheap picture. you have to put together a "package" of equipment that does GREAT from one end to the other.

I think that all of these companies are the same. They all have crappy stuff for the customer that wants "price only".. then there is quality for the ones that will pay. Eclipse seems to have a pretty big line. Rory said is best, depends on the model.

Funny that GE and wizkid are actually OEMs too.. but not in this forum.

very few "real" manufacturers at there guys.

vst_man, Just to let you know,as a professional,I would never "LOW-BALL" my competitors,I find it to be unethical and unprofessional! Most people here I'm sure will agree. Just a thought.

for lower end we use Everfocus and Nuvico, if you get better pricing than the average google mate, you can get them for pretty much same $$ you'll waste on eclipse. and though they are also OEM I believe not all OEM are alike and some have better demands from the mfg. than others which only ask their logo to be embedded.

Try DWG if you don't have an account talk to sal ^ I think he can hook you up with dealer account and you'll see what I mean. you can get good **** for affordable investment.

I did use eclipse in the past but never was happy.

On a side note, I think your list should be 'what brands to buy' and not the other way around. lots of crap CCTV equipment and the way it develop there is plenty more to come.