ubigdummie

PC Won't Boot With Q-See PCI Card Installed

Hello Everyone. I am new here and hoping someone might have some experience with my problem.

I am building a NVR system and I am using the Q-See QSDT8PCRC PCI card. The PC runs great without the DVR card (I'm using the PC to post right now). When I install the DVR card and flip the switch on the power supply (on the back of the PC at the power supply), the system turns on without me pushing the power button on the front. After 4 to 5 seconds, the PC turns off and about 4 to 5 seconds later it comes back on. This cycle continually repeats itself. Nothing ever shows on the monitor and it seems as if the PC isn't even POSTing with the card installed. Pushing the power button on the front has no effect either.

The motherboard is a Biostar H67MU3 and the CPU is an Intel i3-2100 at 3.10 GHz. I have tested a different PCI card in both slots and the PC starts up fine with it (it is a PCI dial-up modem).

Thanks to anyone who can help!!

Chipset incompatibility. Certain boards wont work with certain pci-e components. Its an smbus issue. I've had this problem with raid cards on certain boards. If you dont want to try a different board you have to block a certain com channel on your card. It's kind of jerry rigged but works, I've got two servers in desktop form factor with it now. You can use a piece of tape or tape off adjacent pins and use nail polish to cover pin #5 on pci-e interface.

Thought I'd attach pic for you. Your MB is listed with the raid problem as well. Tape pins 5 and 6 off like this and I bet you'll be able to boot.

IMG_8499.JPG.c04c600ddbab3c01d8ec784eb4fe98e5.JPG

IMG_8499.JPG.ba6bae92b3b9140c5b1c9626b19b0257.JPG

ludshed, I just realized the card you were using is a PCI-Express card. The DVR card I am using is a PCI card. Makes a difference?

I have bought to different PCI DVR cards now and the same thing happen with both of them. When installed the computer starts to boot a sec or two then shuts down tries to boot restarts etc. When removed the pc starts up normally. My system have following components installed:

Tower - Cooler Master Centurion 5 II Midi Tower Fan: 1x 140mm Front, 1x 120mm Rear, 19dBA, ATX, mATX, Blue LEDs On/Off

Power - Silver Power SP-SS500 500W PSU ATX 12V V2.2, 80 Plus, Standard, 1x 6pin+1x 6+2pin PCIe, 6× SATA, 120mm Fan

CPU - Intel® Core™ i5-2400 Processor Socket-LGA1155, Quad Core, 3.1Ghz, 6MB, 95W, Boxed w/fan

Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3, Socket-1155 ATX, Z68, DDR3, 2xPCIe(2.0)x16, SATA 6Gb/s, USB 3.0, HDMI, DP, LPT, COM, mSATA

RAM - Crucial DDR3 1333MHz 4GB KIT, CL9, Kit w/two matched DDR3 2GB, 240pin

Video card - XFX Radeon HD 6870 1GB GDDR5 "Dual Fan", PCI-Express 2.1, 2xDVI, HDMI, 2xmini-DisplayPort, 900MHz

Harddisk - Seagate Barracuda® 1TB SATA 6Gb/s (SATA 3.0), 64MB Cache, 7200RPM, 3,5"

DVD - Standard DVD±RW -writer

http://www.komplett.dk/k/ki.aspx?sku=622365

Can anyone please help!