Newbie here to all things related to security so please go easy, please. I purchased a Vivotek IP7361. It's mounted 25' up on my house over looking my driveway, side yard and the street corner. For me it's a perfect picture. The street corner is 130' away from my house and the picture is still good. Night vision could be better.

I don't have a PC but I do have a few Macs. I setup the camera via an http address and it's password protected. I can view live video from any computer anywhere or my iphone.

Here's my problem, I want to start recording to my Iomega Prestige 2TB External Drive.

However, the closest I've come was recording .log files from the camera. I've reformatted the drive, nothing. I've talked to Vivotek support for two weeks and they gave up, citing that it must be the drive. I'm not sure how it's the drive if I've recorded .log files to it and I'm able to record all types of other files to the drive from other computers. Other than what I mentioned I'm lost, I can"t remember what else I've tried or what else I could try. Is there a software out there that would make this easier?

Thanks,

I'm not oppose to purchasing an additional piece of equipment and or software as long and they're relevant and possess exactly what I need to start recording. I'm very disappoint with Vivotek's support. Not because they couldn't solve my problem but because of the way they dismissed it. The could have at least recommended a third party recording software that runs on Macs. I know the issue is with the camera's built in web server. I tried using someone else's PC to setup the recording and there were motion detection features missing on the PC just like they were missing on my Macs. Vivotek's support team couldn't explain this problem.

I have the camera plugged into an outlet and hard wired in via an RJ45 cable to my wireless router (Apple Time Capsule 1TB 802.11n) from there I have the Iomega Prestige 2TB External Drive via USB cable. I thought the Apple Time Capsule might be the problem but I've tried connecting the Iomega drive directly into one desktop Mac and two laptop Macs with no luck. The only time I was able to get the .log files was when it was connected to the Time Capsule.

Since people are looking and no one is replying then I'll just keeping asking questions.

Has anyone had any luck using SecuritySpy software for Macs? From what I can find this seems like my only answer.

Campbell,

I need software that works on Macs/Apple computers.

The "free" software that Vivotek provides doesn't work for me.