Sign in to follow this  
nfr

CCTV for bottom of garden

I'm setting up a CCTV system in my house. One of my requirements is to monitor the bottom of my garden (shed, fruit trees etc)

The garden is quite long. The area I want to monitor is about 60m from the rear wall of the house.

I have a gargae set back from the house which could also be used for mounting a camera, but the distance to the area that I want to monitor would still be 40 - 45m from the back of the garage.

The area is dark. I want to achieve good night time monitoring.

Currently there are no conduits / ducts or services down to the shed or area I want to monitor, but putting something in would not be out of the question.

I thought about a camera on the back of the garage, but even with an IR illuminator thought the range of 45m might be pushing things?

I wwould be interested to hear options and equipment for achieving this.

Thanks

Nick

Seeing as though its your garden I would run direct burial coax at a fairly shallow depth along the easement to the required spot, easiest and quickest option.

The CNB Monalisa camera (VCM-24VF) would probably work well if you have some light to work with. The camera is ultra low lux and many forum members here are very happy with it. The camera is varifocal so you can zoom in on what you want to see.