factryPilot

GV1480 system crashes when 2nd bank of cameras active

I have spent 2 days trouble shooting my 16 camera GV system. The first dongle with 8 ouutside cameras works fine and the video display is perfect. When I plug in the second bank of 7 cameras those cameras display are scrambled as if they have interference and cause the pc to restart. They were all working fine for the last 4 years without failure and the problem happened overnight. I checked each run on the inside cameras and they display fine on my portable display and replaced the 8 channel power suppy with a new one finding that mice had chewed on the power cable. I can get five out of seven cameras to display fine but when I add the last 2 the displays scramble and it even scrambles one on the outside dongle? I cant seem to nail it down to one camera one this dongle but narrowed it down to 3 all inside Bosch ceiling mount cams. Im running version 8.3, the 16th camera is a geovision IP cam running power over ethernet. That camera allways displays perfect. Going crazy with this one, any ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Last thougts. Changed dongle to new one. Also inside cameras scrambled even when outside camera dongle is disconected from the pc.

Last thougts. Changed dongle to new one. Also inside cameras scrambled even when outside camera dongle is disconected from the pc

sounds like one card is showing PAL and the other is NTSC.

Sounds like this is an older "D" connector model 1480 board with 2 pigtails and not the DVI. Last time we had a similar problem it was a bad GV card.

Have you tried swapping all the BNC's from the indoor cameras to the outdoor pigtail? If the indoors work fine there chances are the outdoors will be scrambled when plugged into the indoor pigtail.