Sign in to follow this  
sheppy

CnM Secure 4 Channel H.264 DVR

hi folks, after having this system set up for a couple of weeks, i'm pretty pleased with it, does everything it says it does with no real flaws, now, my question is, when i'm viewing remotely, the picture is jerky and the timers stick, my upload speed is shocking, so is it just down to this?? or is there settings i can change in the DVR?? my upload speed is 0.37, now, how can i use skype etc with no problems yet i can't see my cams very well?? i got my mum to check from her house, i went and stood infront of 1 of the cams, it took about 20 secs for me to appear at her end

any info or help is much appreciated,

thanks, Ryan.

hi folks, after having this system set up for a couple of weeks, i'm pretty pleased with it, does everything it says it does with no real flaws, now, my question is, when i'm viewing remotely, the picture is jerky and the timers stick, my upload speed is shocking, so is it just down to this?? or is there settings i can change in the DVR?? my upload speed is 0.37, now, how can i use skype etc with no problems yet i can't see my cams very well?? i got my mum to check from her house, i went and stood infront of 1 of the cams, it took about 20 secs for me to appear at her end

any info or help is much appreciated,

thanks, Ryan.

I would definitely check the speed of your internet. You can go here to check it

http://www.speedtest.net/

If you find you're connection sitting under 1 mbps and am almost positive that is your problem.

Also before changing internet speeds you can go into the DVR and change the camera resolution to a smaller resolution. I have had some customer who had their DVR set to D1 and when they were viewing it online it seemed choppy but ran a lot smoother when switching to cif resolution.