faster340

QTUM ECO-1040

Is it possible to blow out the software in a DVR unit like this and install something else? My customer wants more/better features. I would rather not have to put in a new/better unit...

Thanks.

Is it possible to blow out the software in a DVR unit like this and install something else? My customer wants more/better features. I would rather not have to put in a new/better unit...

Thanks.

came across one of these units a few months ago . the screen display looked just like a avtech.

if yours is the same then i think you are stuck with what you have. the only way is to install something better.

Thanks.

came across one of these units a few months ago . the screen display looked just like a avtech.

if yours is the same then i think you are stuck with what you have. the only way is to install something better.

When you say "the only way is to install something better." do you mean a whole new DVR or software for the DVR? I would rather install new software on this hardware instead of replacing the whole unit altogether...

Thanks.

I would rather install new software on this hardware instead of replacing the whole unit altogether

yes a new DVR. if yours is the white unit then it may be the avtech. you may have had a chance if it was a PC based unit. but as a standalone what you have is it.

what features does your customer want.

He has 2 sites and wants to be able to view both sites from one manager. He also needs better video playback features. These devices are limited and slow on the playback features...

Thanks.