Sign in to follow this  
SS360

RJ45 Splitter splitting P.O.E?

Random thought... Do you think you could use an RJ45 splitter to split a P.O.E. connection to avoid running an additional Cat5/6 wire. This would be handy in a situation when a customer adds a camera and it is troublesome to get an additional wire to the location.

It just seems to me like a basic RJ45 splitter in a sense just ties all the pin connections together and as long as you don't exceed the maximum power output of the P.O.E. switch per port it should work.... What do you all think?

Oh cool! I love Veracity's unique hardware, this is one device i didnt know they had however; I was just curious about a simple way to add one camera with a splitter that would be small enough to fit in an electrical box. I think i'll test it out and let you know how it goes.

I'm just not sure if it will work from a networking or power side of things.

I have the point source and the pin point. You can get by with just the point source. focusing IP cameras is a whole lot eaiser just plug into the camera and setup with a laptop. I like the 4 port power adaptor it will make some difficult cable runs doable.