Mickylin

Q-see GSH49L camera installation question

Okay, I am either really stupid or didn't get shipped everything I need to install the above dome camera from Q-see.

Has anyone installed one of these so they can tell me how to mount it? I want to mount it on the soffit but cannot tell how you screw the base on to the soffit or take the base off to be able to screw it to the soffit.

The instructions that came with it are not clear at all. Waiting on response from Q-See; however, thought someone on here might know.

Thanks,

You should have a small allen key wrench included with the mounting screws in that little bag. There looks to be at least two small allen screws on the sides just above the back mounting plate. Unscrew them a bit and the mounting plate will come off. No need to completely take the screws out- just enough that the mounting plate comes off. Be very careful not to strip those screws. Be gentle when unscrewing and the same when tightening while mounting. These type of cameras are a royal pain to mount. Once you do one, you'll get the hang of it.

Dan