rory

Dahua Firmware 2.608 tip

If you upgrade to 2.608 firmware for whatever reason, make sure to change the encoding back to D1 if thats what you were using before.

If you are also recording motion, change that as well. Use the drop down next to "Main Stream" to toggle between Main Stream, Motion Stream and Alarm Stream. If you are only recording continuous and not motion or alarm, then you may not need to make any changes. Save changes for each type of stream, copy to other channels to make it easier.

Have they solved the problems for 2.608 yet?

Not yet, there is no updated 2.608 firmware.

I am trying 2.608 on a 32 channel DVR which keeps changing from 16 way view to 32 way view ... to see if it makes a difference. If it does then I may just go back to the original firmware when I can realize it from the seller.

Hi Rory

You seem to know the Dahua systems well

I set one up a couple of months ago for my dad and its working well

We have it recording around the clock, but also recording motion which makes it easier to search for motion based events

One thing I have never got to grips with is the different recording rates

I am looking at a PSS manual and it mentions the dropdown beside Main Stream in Encoding

The thing is, there is no other option there when I drop down the menu?

Could you throw some light on this for me please as we would like to do the "round the clock recording" at a low resolution/bitrate, but increase it for motion based recording?

Micheal

Hi Micheal,

Recording can only be done through the main stream. The extra stream is for viewing only. In PSS, you select a camera from your device list and then you can select main stream or extra stream for a viewing option . Also, extra stream is for cell phone viewing too.

Thanks,

Sean

Hi Sean

Many thanks for the reply.

We are already recording using the main stream, but from reading the manual, it seems I should have other options underneath for motion stream etc.

Also, I have setup the extra stream at lower res and bitrate and it works very well with gDMSS on my Android.

Thanks

Micheal

You can change the main stream to CIF or D1. You go to the Encode section and choose CIF or D1 resolution. You can also adjust frame rates here. Its in the same section where you adjusted your extra stream.

Only firmware 2.608 gives you the options of individual encoding settings for Record Normal, Motion, and Alarm. PSS device config will only show those options if the connected DVR has firmware 2.608+

Ah! That explains it

I was wondering why I didn't have those options, and when I did a search, I found this thread

Cheers for the replies guys