UsedFinchTBS

GE Interlogix DVMre...network help

I just started at a new security company and no one, me included, knows much about getting a DVMre on a network for remote viewing. Im really just curious as to how much computer experience is needed to get one of these puppies up and running. Thanks.

Not much

In the menu programming section, communications, and ethernet, enter all the IP information. Eg. IP address, Subnet mask, and Gateway.

Then you can use either Static IP direct to say a Cable modem, and the ISP info will be added in the DVMRe Ethernet section as listed above, or you can use a router if you have multiple online devices/PCs. In the router you would enter the ISP static IP information, and DNS. Then in port forwarding or servers, in the router, you would forward the port 80 and 1024 to the Internal IP you would enter in the DVMRe, say 192.168.1.200 if the router is in the 192.168.1 range.

Port forarding is actually only used so you can connect to it from outside your LAN, the internet. Locally once you enter IP information into the DVMRe you can connect without any port forwarding set up in the router.

Anyway, it takes just a couple minutes and you are good to go, in fact installing a DVMRe can take only 5-10 minutes and work like a hog for years without any intervention, a reliable plug and play device. You can also remotely program the menu options over the internet using the included software. Most times I would just set up the general information, like the network, passwords, etc, at the site, then do the rest from home. You can even set up the motion areas and active zones remotely, and much more.

Rory