rory

Streaming audio ideas

Got audio at a location from 1 mic, audio on this DVR goes through the PC Mic input, and the PC DVR software is supposed to broadcast it out for the remote client. The DVR is a netpromax, for some reason the audio will not stream anymore. I think it had something to do with using their new software and that it had to use a connection through their server or something, dont recall exactly - anyway that DVR company is no more so ...

Any ideas for getting the mic input to stream out using a small program ..

need something that runs all the time ... and a small remote client just for the audio.

I was thinking something like Skype but then cant see a way for that to work.

Edited by Guest

Thanks tried it out from desktop to laptop .. the mic did work but huge lag .. then tried an MP3 file but never got it to stream .... went back to mic couldn get it to stream again, its like where did the network settings go, the ports etc ... client side just cant connect anymore ...

anyway a little more complicated than I want ... I rather not mess around with codecs etc, just has to work and be basic. The client wont have a clue how to use VLC and neither do I really .. and they wont pay me to teach them and ... anyway ... thanks for the tip, maybe have a go at VLC another time.

I wonder if I can setup skype to auto answer?

Edited by Guest

anyway a little more complicated than I want ... I rather not mess around with codecs etc, just has to work and be basic. The client wont have a clue how to use VLC and neither do I really .. and they wont pay me to teach them and ... anyway ... thanks for the tip, maybe have a go at VLC another time.

There is a setup wizard. I managed once to get it to resend a mpeg4 stream as a mjpeg to another location so I imagine you could get it to work (i.e. you're better at this computer/confuser stuff than me it seems)?

Well I did finally get VLC to stream video from my DVR actually (took alot of reading) ... even setup a flash webpage for it ... but as far as the audio, looks like Skype will do that with auto answer turned on

BTW the CPU processing is too much for the VLC video stream, for 1 camera it was maybe 60-80% so imagine more than one. I had to connect with RTSP, and it only pulls down the main stream of D1.

Edited by Guest

we have used something simular to this a few times when we have been asked to put none network dvrs on the internet.

plug TV out of dvr into unit and they get full display with sound . (but no control) sound is usually associate with a camera. so in your case link that camera and sound together

http://www.ctcu.com.tw/download/catalogs/2011/11-15-DVS-8301.pdf